Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
9,142 Posts
might be close but should work ; mini is prolly right: if you have clearance issues it will likely be side of tire hitting strut body or inside corner of tire hitting bottom of spring perch.. easy enough to check !!

IIRC the EEK cars with 15s (like 600's) had the pizza wheels (15x6) and were running 195/60-15

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright thanks, I was planning on getting wheels from a Chrysler Cirrus but I really want the Swiss Cheese or Pumpers, we'll see though I'll be heading to the junkyard sometime this week, I'll have pictures of what I get if i do.:cool:

· Registered
2,295 Posts
195-60-15 is the same height as 185-70-40...only a little wider tread which works good because the rims are a bit wider. 205-50-16 and 205-45-17 work on the Aries also!

you shouldn't have to worry about the strut as its really the same unit on a dayona (just not as sporty) but the body might have clearance issues when the wheels turned....but it really can't be much worse than a daytona also because the firewall/strut tower area is basically the same too.

stick with the above tire sizes on a k car....they are perfect for a 6" wide rim, but a 6.5" rim will flatten the tread area a bit, giving you extra grip! oh...and the 205-60-15 is what they run on the spirit es & rt.

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ok folks. I got me some Beretta GT wheels, just need to get two more. I couldn't get the other two because it had some weird lug nut on it but anyways I'll get the other two soon enough. They are 205-60-15.:cool: Here are a couple of pictures.

Just got em home.

I sanded the Chevy logo off the center caps and sprayed them down with some black textured paint.

· Registered
971 Posts
Ok folks. I got me some Beretta GTU wheels, just need to get two more. I couldn't get the other two because it had some weird lug nut on it but anyways I'll get the other two soon enough. They are 205-60-15.:cool: Here are a couple of pictures.

Just got em home.

I sanded the Chevy logo off the center caps and sprayed them down with some black textured paint.

Nice set of wheels, having said that, since they are GM wheels, are those 15x6's, or 15x7's?.....the + offset on the GM wheels might be a bit deeper than the Chrysler wheel, hope you don't have caliper clearance concerns, or tire clearance issues with the strut tube. I've tried to (test) mount a set of 15x7 Fiero GT wheels and there were clearance problems.

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice set of wheels, having said that, since they are GM wheels, are those 15x6's, or 15x7's?.....the + offset on the GM wheels might be a bit deeper than the Chrysler wheel, hope you don't have caliper clearance concerns, or tire clearance issues with the strut tube. I've tried to (test) mount a set of 15x7 Fiero GT wheels and there were clearance problems.
Thanks, they are 15x7. The Fiero GT wheels look to be quite a bit deeper than the Beretta GT wheels to me so I shouldn't have any clearance problems. I will test fit one tomorrow to see if there are any clearance issues. Thanks for the tip.:thumb:

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As I stated I said that I would test fit one of the wheels and I did. They fit great and there are no clearance issues. Here are some pictures of one of the Beretta GT wheels mounted, note these are VERY similar to some of the 15"s the Chrysler Lebarons came with.

· Registered
971 Posts
They look rather good on your car, they have a sort of *Formal* not *racey* look to them, (they would look good on the New Yorker, but then Chrysler did use a set of NY alloy wheels that are similar to those)....Does the top of the tire/wheel stay tucked inside of the lip of the fender?....

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They look rather good on your car, they have a sort of *Formal* not *racey* look to them, (they would look good on the New Yorker, but then Chrysler did use a set of NY alloy wheels that are similar to those)....Does the top of the tire/wheel stay tucked inside of the lip of the fender?....
Yes, they stay tucked inside of the lip of the fender but have a a wider and nicer stance compared to the 14" wheel barrow tires I have up there currently. I knew I have seen wheels similar to the Beretta GT ones before on another Chrysler somewhere.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.