Exducer Dia: 2.236/57mm

Housing: TD05

CFM: [email protected]

Turbine:

Wheel Trim: TD05H

Exducer Dia: 1.93"/49mm

Inducer Dia: 2.20"/56mm

Flange Style, Housing Size: TD05H6,7,8cm23bolt

Map at: cherrypicker.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/td05h-16gsmall-cfm.gif

I see the exducer would be what was recommended, and DSM turbos are a dime a dozen.

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
According to everyone on here it will run out of breath around 4g. Seems at least a t3/t4 hybrid is needed, although I have heard some complain of lag.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
basically talking about a stock gen 1 4 banger turbo for a Talon and you want to bolt it to a V6...

I would run the HY35 or HE341 Holset's with ported compressors, great turbo for the money

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
as stated on turbo mopar in your thread, a typical 16g td05 will not work due to the exhaust side being to small for a 3.0 with bolt ons

HE341 has been used on the 3.0 with some nice success on low boost.

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Too small for one with mods , what about a stock one?
According to those specs it's only around 1/8" smaller. The 16g can handle a 2.2l stroker that pulls 9500 at redline and had no breathing restrictions , it should handle an unmodded 3.0's poor breathing and just over 6k limit.
Has anyone tried?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its all good, got a bigger one on the way...

For thought, the one on the right is a mitsu, and the one next to it is the 16G, one next to the box is what I am getting :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
One of the prototype motors had a 16g on it. Not sure on the specs, but I was told it was a stock Evo 6 or 7 unit.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Too small for one with mods , what about a stock one?
According to those specs it's only around 1/8" smaller. The 16g can handle a 2.2l stroker that pulls 9500 at redline and had no breathing restrictions , it should handle an unmodded 3.0's poor breathing and just over 6k limit.
Has anyone tried?
the shelby turbo 3.0 had trouble

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

in all honesty, a standard 16 might do fine on a STOCK 3.0 with a big exhaust but thats as far as id bet on it. thats with the stock plenum, stock little throttle body. non of us run those things anymore. our engines flow to much air with the cheep mods we can do (plenum, TB, stock air box delete)

the trubo in the box posted above looks kinda big. i guess a little to big is better than to small but you also want to have a strong power band. currently my car is a tad laggy but its okay because cruising around town i can lug around in 4th gear at 25mph and still get decent pick up. the turbo rips when im at 3500rpm and higher so its not a big deal.. but going bigger might cause a little more unwanted lag.

BUT id rather have a little more lag than a small turbo that lets you feel the car slow down at high rpm (where your engine will be at ALL times during a race)

edit: id like to see this info on a standard 16g (td05) running on a 2.2 reving to 9500rpms (im sure it can be done) Im usually reading that a 16g td05 is maxing out around 340awhp on 2.0 evos. Hard to think that a 2.2 reving to the moon would only be making that kind of power.

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
It held on my 98 gst. It was bored/stroked/blueprinted/balanced. Head was done with better cams. I was able to pull 14lbs outta the turbo. It did trail off a bit above 8700, but that was also a way better flowing motor then the 3.0 is, and a stock 3.0 won't see much over 6g.
I'll see if I still have my old dyno sheets from my gst.

I feel the 16g would be a good choice for someone looking to improve the performance without a lot of boost and without losing their low end punch. 6-8lbs should be easily handled by a 16g on a stock 3.0.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.