Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1973 dodge charger with a 360 in it thats very tired. I'm going to rebuild it and make it a twin turbo'ed monster small block(eventually) I've figured out most everything except I cant find turbo headers or manifolds ANYWHERE. I will probably have some fabbed up if I can't find any already made. I dont want to go the supercharger route either I love turbo's lol. If anyone knows where to find any let me know. thanks

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
i heard of a guy that took a set of shorty block huggers and used right on left and left on right to flip them with the exit flange facing up. then made a flange to bolt the turbos onto. he got the headers from Ebay.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That just made my day Knightmoves I already have some shorty headers and I got a welder and cutting torch so I'm just gonna see what happens from here lol I also got a set of long tube headers that I'm not using so I just might tear those apart to see what I can do. thanks for the ideas guys!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
73 Charger, nice!!!!!!!!! I had one, which I dropped a ".060 over 440 into. It was my first hot rod, before I discovered the world of Turbo Dodges, lol But it completely converted me to Mopars. Is your Charger an SE, with the fixed quarter windows? A twin turbo small block would be killer, keep us posted!

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
That just made my day Knightmoves I already have some shorty headers and I got a welder and cutting torch so I'm just gonna see what happens from here lol I also got a set of long tube headers that I'm not using so I just might tear those apart to see what I can do. thanks for the ideas guys!
glad to help! just make sure you post pics!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know it's not dodge related, but do a quick search on the LS1 Tech GM forum. Lost of guys turbo the LS motors, sometimes in crazy car swaps, and alot of times their fab work is to die for...

And make sure to post pics when your beast project gets underway :thumb:

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
I fond that installing magnum exhaust manifolds backwards and running them into a Flow master Y for a turbo flange works well. Then single big turbo with a big 60mm wastegate.

·
Registered
97 Posts
They make bolt on headers that point straight up. I run them on my demolition cars. You can find vendors on wecrash.com.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts