27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: carform_post -->
Category: Domestic

I have a 1984 Dodge GTS Turbo for sale, in WISCONSIN

Mileage: 100000 miles
Engine Size: 1.6

Asking price is $1900

Barn find. Been sitting since around 1992. SOUTHERN car. Been in storage since I got it also.
missing front bumper, shift knob, radio, battery. I have not even tried to start it. Im sure it needs a tuneup, new gas, new tires....ones on it have lots of tread but are cracked.

yes its a project but hey this is a 1900lb 84 GTS Turbo Twin Stick. A blast to drive as some of us know.

This is the BLACK GTS and also known as the POCKET ROCKET.

Has brackets for a tow bar ....so easy towing.

<!-- END TEMPLATE: carform_post -->

Attachments

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Neat car! I owned one for a long time. Put on larger turbo, intercooled, run boost up a bit, and HKS exhaust. It was really fun then! Back in the day, the hot ticket was to pick up older bumpers, as they were aluminum. Made a light car even lighter. Perhaps going to be hard to find bumper(s) for the car at this point in time. What's the deal with the hood scoop?
GLWS,

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice looking Colt...I liked the grey ones. I had two but they were to far gone to fix. I have a white one also. Its my project.

The scoop is for the intake. Its like a ram air for it. Kinda neat if ya ask me. Yes the exhaust, bigger turbo and intercooler would be nice. I have an intercooler to go with this one.

They are fun cars. I owned a mint one back in 1992 but was in the military so I couldnt drive it so my father sold it to some collector. I looked for 10 years before finding one again. There are some nice ones out there but most wont part with them. I havent seen another one on the road/at a car show ever. It definitely gets the looks, especially when you drop it down and give it. She does pretty good short distances aka off the line. Top end on mine wasnt all that great. I think like 110.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice looking Colt...I liked the grey ones. I had two but they were to far gone to fix. I have a white one also. Its my project.

The scoop is for the intake. Its like a ram air for it. Kinda neat if ya ask me. Yes the exhaust, bigger turbo and intercooler would be nice. I have an intercooler to go with this one.

They are fun cars. I owned a mint one back in 1992 but was in the military so I couldnt drive it so my father sold it to some collector. I looked for 10 years before finding one again. There are some nice ones out there but most wont part with them. I havent seen another one on the road/at a car show ever. It definitely gets the looks, especially when you drop it down and give it. She does pretty good short distances aka off the line. Top end on mine wasnt all that great. I think like 110.
I had the 1984 black and gold GTS and also a red one. Rolled both of them, So much fun to drive, I miss that car so much. The zero to sixty they said was 8.0 seconds, But it was the zero to fifty that was around 5.0 seconds. I would pay alot for a mint 84 black gts if there were any left. - "[email protected]" if anyone knows of one for sale. In my opinion this was the starter car for all the "Fast and Furious" cars nowadays. I have a 2003 Volskwagen GTI with stage 1 upgrades but it's just not the same. The Colt was faster because it was so light weight. The looks on the faces of the guys with there camaro's, mustang's, and even porsche's was priceless when I would make them look silly from zero to fifty.

"Dont step on the gas unless you really mean it"... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought this car in florida. While looking for info about the MAF I found this picture and it is without a doubt the same car. Even has the Wisconsin plates with it. Currently runs and drives fine except the turbo will build boost and then it starts to sputter and smoke and has an uncontrollable idle. I think the MAF is bad. $1500 and I have a pretty fun turbo hatch to screw around with. wish me luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: carform_post -->
Category: Domestic

I have a 1984 Dodge GTS Turbo for sale, in WISCONSIN

Mileage: 100000 miles
Engine Size: 1.6

Asking price is $1900

Barn find. Been sitting since around 1992. SOUTHERN car. Been in storage since I got it also.
missing front bumper, shift knob, radio, battery. I have not even tried to start it. Im sure it needs a tuneup, new gas, new tires....ones on it have lots of tread but are cracked.

yes its a project but hey this is a 1900lb 84 GTS Turbo Twin Stick. A blast to drive as some of us know.

This is the BLACK GTS and also known as the POCKET ROCKET.

Has brackets for a tow bar ....so easy towing.

<!-- END TEMPLATE: carform_post -->
Probably sold a long time ago

1 - 9 of 9 Posts