Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I me new here.... I just bought a '84 Dodge Rampage, a previous owner had installed a manual choke, and I was putting back the electric choke when I found a wire I dont know where it goes. The wire runs next to the choke wire. What is it, and where does it go? I cant seem to find where it would plug into..
My Rampage has the carb'ed 2.2 with a 5 speed trans.. I have a pic if that helps. Its the one with the red connector, it looks like theres some shrink wrap over the metal of the connector, if that matters?

Thank you..

Attachments

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yea looks like an oxygen sensor wire I just look at mine and it look just like that.

It plugs into the oxygen sensor right on the exhaust manifold.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
well it has been said, and i agree with every poster here as thats the O2 wire, just look at the #4 exhaust runner and there you will find the O2 sensor

·
Administrator
24,972 Posts
And by the way...
Welcome To TD!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it needed? I have the non electric feedback carb, and live in a area without emissions... The car seems to run fine, the idle is just a little high.. Im missing the part of the choke housing, so im stuck with the manual choke until I can find one...

Thanks again guys!

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
I would hook it up as to not throw any codes and such, I have a Holley 6520 electric choke and the Carb for sale

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found where the o2 sensor would be but its just been replaced with a plug... Throws codes?

Sorry for my ignorance, but im a IHC guy, theres no sensors, one vacuum line, and like 3 wires under the hood! :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would hook it up as to not throw any codes and such, I have a Holley 6520 electric choke and the Carb for sale
I bought a new choke and pull-off, but im missing the part of the choke housing that goes in-between the elect. choke and the carb..Do you have that?

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
I bought a new choke and pull-off, but im missing the part of the choke housing that goes in-between the elect. choke and the carb..Do you have that?
if you are talking about the piece that bolts the the choke to the carb body, i have it, basically i have everything that came off that carb except the jetting

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
I found where the o2 sensor would be but its just been replaced with a plug... Throws codes?

Sorry for my ignorance, but im a IHC guy, theres no sensors, one vacuum line, and like 3 wires under the hood! :p
if you have the non feedback carb, you will be fine with the o2 not connected, on my turismo the o2 isn't connected either as i have a weber installed, there should be some sensors connected for the gauges

1 - 11 of 11 Posts