Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve got a 1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z, and I had a question regarding the taillights. I’ve seen some with the badging “Dodge” on the Driver’s tail light, at the bottom, by the black part, and “Turbo Z” respectively on the passenger taillight on the black part.

(Edit): I forgot to include the question, the question was which came original on the car

Example A: Badging on Taillight
8DE419FE-27F8-4485-88EB-D612D6EF2120.jpeg

Example B: No Badging
B3539333-FB8C-404E-9500-DF93A1D99769.jpeg

·
Premium Member
91 Daytona Shelby 5Spd 2.5 T1, 85 New Yorker 2.2 T1, 89 LeBaron Convertible 2.5 T1, Many spare parts
80 Posts
I didn't see a question. (= Are you wondering what the difference is? Could they just have been compatible replacements when someone chipped a lens and had to pass an inspection?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't see a question. (= Are you wondering what the difference is? Could they just have been compatible replacements when someone chipped a lens and had to pass an inspection?
Hey there, I apologize for the late reply. My question was, which ones came original on the car?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I think it was maybe the 86's that started with the taillights with the badging but I don't know that for certain. I had an 86 CS many many years ago and I think it had the the lights with the badging. I think the 85's probably were still plain. I would think if there is badging on the back of the hatch under the spoiler, the lights were probably plain. It wouldn't make sense to badge the car twice in the rear like that. If there is no badging on the hatch, it probably came with the badged tail lights. Again I don't know any of this for certain. It's just what I hope is an educated guess. Hopefully someone has a definitive answer. I'm curious now too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, mine came with badging under the tail lights. I assumed that it was like a case of replacement taillights as when I got it the lock for the trunk was ripped out.

Unrelated: Anyone know where to get weather stripping for the windows? Mine are shot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts