Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1985 Dodge Omni GLH-T - $3,000 OBO

Category: Domestic

I have a 1985 Dodge Omni GLH-T for sale, in USA - Pennsylvania.

Engine Size: 2.2L Turbo

Asking price is $3,000 OBO

1985 Dodge Omni GLH-T
Well, after about a year of having this (my first) TD, I think it’s time I let her go.

****The ONLY mileage I am POSITIVE about is regarding the Previous Owners piston re-ring about 40k miles ago. Current dash insert reads ~39k but a spare came with the car with another reading. ****

Bought this car in May of 2012 from a seller in Mercer, PA, I want to say the previous owner had said he owned the car for about 8 years before me. The PO had antique plates on the car and hadn't used it as a DD, just ran it a few miles per week or so whenever he could.

Some information I received from the PO includes…
-Original T1 head was replaced with a sound T2 head (Original T1 block remains)
-Piston rings were replaced around 40k ago when I picked the car up.(No more than 3k miles since)
-Head gasket was replaced when rings were done, no problems here.

New items since I’ve had the car…
-Replaced windshield to pass inspection (6/12)
-New radiator (7/12)
-New RN14’s (3/13)
-Borg Warner clutch&pressure plate (1/13)
-2 half shafts (1/13)
-Other things I’m sure to be missing.

Since I bought the car, I used it mainly as a DD, driving it around 3-4 days a week for the first 3 months in between fixes like brakes , radiator, oil changes. Then soon before colder months came, fifth gear started to make a nasty sound in my A525. Garage kept for about 4 months until I got a ‘new’ 525 (said to be at about 50-60k miles) to replace my old one early in 2013. Went ahead and bought a new clutch and pressure plate while it was being swapped. Also replaced both half-shafts (new) and had the starter checked at Advanced Auto and the results showed it was O.K and working. Performed a compression test before it was put away in the winter and it was all O.K.

I’m sure to be forgetting a few things, and may even mention something twice, but here is a list of what the car consists of as well as upgrades.

-T2 head on the original T1 block
-1 piece (I believe) T2 intake with Holley throttle body
-FWD Performance computer goodies including 15psi boost
-Oil filter relocated behind bumper, infront of radiator
-FMIC with custom piping (Can provide brand name and size if requested, can’t remember right now)
-Turbo XS BOV
-2.5” swing valve
-3” Magnaflow full exhaust system
-Battery relocated to the back hatch inside a battery box

Interior includes…
-Two ON/OFF switches – Manual fan override & Fuel Pump ON/OFF
-New-ish Kenwood head unit
-AutoMeter boost gauge
-Intellitronix (I believe) A/F gauge
-SunPro mechanical oil pressure gauge

Many spare parts will also be included with the car, about 8-9 boxes worth I’d say.
Extras include (Just the major stoof!): 2 fuel rails, original T1 head, 2 Omni front fenders, throttle body, GLH side skirts, various bezels, spare intercooler piping and couplers, many plastic interior panels and various plastic chrome pieces, grille, BELL 3-point harness, AutoMeter fuel pressure gauge, red&gray seatbelts, and much more.

Much of the car is positive and on point, however there are a few bad points to present.

-Door hinges are 25+ years old, they could use replacements
-Missing drivers side back door handle (drivers door’s broke off, had to jack it!)
-The paint is obviously 25+ years old
-Will need new tires & probably struts
-Currently using a 1st gen Neon throttle cable after mine snapped
-Will need an oil change
-Power steering fluid leaking either from the lines or from the rack’s seal.
-Drops about a nickel – quarter size of engine oil a week from underneath the bellhousing
-One fog lamp is out
-A slight tick from the tranny area whenever off the throttle, I’m thinking throwout. Does not affect performance.

Overall, the car is super fun, it could just use a little TLC. I’d LOVE to keep it, but I’m 18 graduating highschool and cannot afford to continue progress on this car. Also, I’m selling because I need a much more reliable source of transportation in a month or so for an electricians apprenticeship.

Please PM me for the quickest response!
I can provide any special requests such as pictures, videos, or more info if seriously intrested.

Thanks!
-Patrick

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Underside is shockingly clean, like I said. The passenger side front wheel well has a bad spot a bit larger than a quarter if I recall.

·
Registered
166 Posts
give it some time, you just posted it. looks fairly nice.
I told my buddy out near you about it. He may want it

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
give it some time, you just posted it. looks fairly nice.
I told my buddy out near you about it. He may want it
Thought this was my parts thread for some reason. :bang head

Whoops :eek:

Thanks for the heads up though. Appreciate it!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd also be willing to trailer the car for a reasonable distance if it would increase anybodys interest!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Although Pittsburgh is only about a 5 hour drive from me, it's the importing that is stopping me.

Man, why you guys have all the fun the USA? LOL

It's probably a good thing though, I'd have a yard full of MOPARs if I lived south of the border.

Good luck with the sale !

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Although Pittsburgh is only about a 5 hour drive from me, it's the importing that is stopping me.

Man, why you guys have all the fun the USA? LOL

It's probably a good thing though, I'd have a yard full of MOPARs if I lived south of the border.

Good luck with the sale !
Gaaaah, always a problem. Thanks though, appreciate it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts