Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1985 Dodge Shelby Charger - $1500.00

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  tella27 
#1 · (Edited)
Category: Domestic

I have a 1985 Dodge Shelby Charger for sale, in USA - Illinois.
ONLY 843 Blue and Silver ones built in 1985

Mileage: 74,000 miles
Engine Size: 2.2 T1

Asking price is $2500.00 OBO RUNNING - $1500 as it sits.

I bought a 1985 Shelby Charger - Blue w/Silver and today bought a GLHS. I don't really have room for both cars so will be selling the blue Shelby. It has some rust on the back hatch edge and behind and in front of the right rear tire. NO rust on the floor, frame pillars or around the windshield. The interior is the blue and silver and is very nice - no rips or tears in the fronts and a small what looks to be a cig burn on the back seat. The car has 74,000 original miles - no sunroof so no leaks and trunk is perfect no rust. All the ground effects are there and uncracked, front bumber is solid doesnt wabble or have broken pins.

*The car has been sitting for 10 years in a garage so it has a bunch of new parts but they were new 10 years ago and hasnt been started since.*
New parts:
-Complete head - 0 miles on it doesnt even look like it had been started with it installed.
-New gas tank
-new brakes
-new clutch
-new coil
-new cap and rotor
-new radiator
-new wires
-new fuel pump

The car doesnt run but will have it running before its sold - or you can have it with the parts to make it run for $1500.
Sorry but had to bump the price up with having the harness rebuilt and having to pick up a couple missing parts to get it running that cost had increase. I have more then $1500 in the car and transport alone.
If you're interested please shoot me a pm or email chris.klarner@hotmail.com
I'll post pics as soon as my dad send them my way.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
The car will take a few days more days before it will be running. We went farther into the motor to make sure everything is good so I am now waiting on the head gasket to get here in the mail along with a new o2 sensor. Didnt want to do anything half a** so it will be a few more days. The time spent on it now I'm sure will be greatly appreciated by who ever buys it.

#11 ·
Here is the story on the 85-
I've done more work (well my dad has) than I thought would be done. My dad is a perfectioist when it comes to cars so he really got into the car and replaced things as he found them. So far this is where the car is at -
-Head was pulled because he didnt like the amount of oil coming out of the squirters - come to find out the prior owner went crazy with the rtv. This has been fixed and a new head gasket put on.
-Head and bottom end have both been redone, head is all brand new, pistons look brand new also.
-Power stearing pump has been replaced along with the EGR valve, fuel lines, fuel tank, fuel pump, radiator, plugs, wires, brakes, shocks, vacuum lines.
-Wiring harness has been rebuilt to factory specs.

The car needs an exhaust system and new tires but WILL replace the tires and install new exhaust if the $2500 asking price is paid. Will drop it to $2000 without.

The car does have an interested buyer but I keep getting pms on it so I wanted to post an update. For the most part the car with be 100% running and solid to dive and only needing the paint and rear fender rust fixed. The floors are SOLID no rust. Any questions let me know.

#15 ·
Its up and running now so the $1500 is out the window. I had that posted when it needed to be put back together, kind of a save some cash if you want to finish the car. Its all up and running - only needs new tires and what ever exhaust you want to run on it.

Thanks for the well wishes - I love this color combo but my GLHS took its spot.

#17 ·
Mine has a little more then 70k on it - The inside shows the low miles. I didn't get a chance to get better pics this past weekend. The only real issue with mine is 25+ years of paint fade and some dirt and dust. I'm hoping someone will take it off my hands and finish it up. Should only run around $600-$700 for shipping from me to you. Feel free to shoot me a pm and we can see about working something out. I know a very good car shipping company that I've used before - they will give a discount and it's door to door service. You could have the car in less then a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.