Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLD 1986 Chrysler Laser - $4500.00

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  INSATANSSEAT 
#1 ·
Category: Domestic

I have a 1986 Chrysler Laser for sale, in USA - Arizona.

Mileage: 50050 miles
VIN: 1C3BA44EXGG142820
Engine Size: 2.2L Turbo I

Asking price is $4500.00

The time has come to let go of my beautiful 1986 Laser. This absolutely rust-free example still wears its original “Ice Blue” paint, with all clear coat and factory shine still in tact. It’s a base model with turbo and a 5-speed, and has its original (and cold) R-12 A/C system, cruise, tilt and power mirrors. The basic theme here is original and unmolested.

I purchased the car in early 2010 from its original owner in Pueblo, Colorado. From there, I’ve taken the car to various duty stations in California, Texas and now Arizona. Never has seen a salty climate. When I bought the car it had 47K miles from new; today the odometer reads 50050. It basically sits…and sits…and sits.

The car was so original I kept busy just doing various maintenance and repairs. Here’s a list of most of the stuff I’ve done to the car (primarily due to age of the parts):

- Complete engine tune (replaced factory Champion RN12YC plugs 24+ years after installation), including plugs, wires, cap & rotor, O2 sensor, fuel & air filters
- Replaced both hatch supports
- Replaced OE shocks and struts with Gabriel units all the way around, including new strut bearings/mounts and cushions up front
- Went through front and rear brakes, including calipers, pads, and hardware up front; and shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware in the rear. All fluid flushed and replaced
- New rear wheel bearings
- Added aluminum rear window louvers
- Wheel alignment
- Complete cooling system service, to include new radiator (O.E. Valeo, not Chinese junk), hoses, t-stat and Mopar radiator cap
- New belts (Dayco)
- New battery (NAPA)
- New headliner
- Added refinished Mopar “wagon wheels” wrapped in brand new Kelly Charger P205/60R15 radials

Inside the car I added custom-made floor mats and replaced the original AM-FM-Cassette with a mid-90s NOS Chrysler stereo. I still have the original radio and it works fine; the newer one just sounds a tad better.

Included with the sale is a set of NOS Mopar splash guards (I didn’t want to drill into this car), a one-piece nose bra, and a low-grade car cover (still in good shape).

I removed the car from storage yesterday (10-19-13) and gave it a good once-over, then swapped the old Mobil-1 for 4.5 fresh quarts and a new Mopar filter. A good wash and polish came next, and then I mounted the new wheels and tires. The tires have less than 100 feet of road time…just down the driveway and back into the garage.

Everything works fine – the turbo kicks, the A/C blows and the cruise control holds. Clutch and brakes are great. This car needs next to nothing (if I was to get really carried away I might think about re-covering the sun visors…the cloth is getting saggy) and can be driven anywhere.

So…why the sale? Mainly because the car is 99% finished and it just sits in the garage. I believe these cars should be driven and enjoyed, and I just don’t find myself with the time to do that. I have a 1986 N.A. Daytona I would like to begin restoring, so most of my wrench time is spent on that car. Add my Caravan and 2008 Charger to the equation and the driveway and garage are pretty full. It just makes sense to let this car go.

I thought it would be best to look for interested buyers/enthusiasts on this site before going the eBay route. I don’t have to sell the car and I certainly won’t give it away. If I don’t get my price that’s OK…back in storage it will go. I have a collector’s insurance policy on the car and it costs me $100.00 per year for full coverage, so keeping it won’t break the bank.

I have many, many photos taken today showing the wonderful original condition of this increasingly rare car. Original miles, original interior, original paint…and even the original plastic Sylvania headlights!

Is this car perfect? Absolutely not. Close inspection will show a few stone chips, nicks and small scratches. Will you find a Laser this clean and nice for the money I’m asking? Not likely.

Please E-mail any time if you have questions or would like me to E-mail specific photos. The car is located in southeast Tucson, Arizona, about 8 miles north of I-10.

Tim Wankowski
tandjwankowski@yahoo.com

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.