Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've acquired Tons of inherently rare parts and my long block is all but assembled.
I've searched far and wide for +1 G-Head Valves and a common block main stud kit.

Details include JE piston, H-Beam eagle rods, forged steel crank ( common block ), 89 Wiring harness, off-brand inter-cooler ( barely fits inside nose ), Assortment of inter-cooler piping products, a naked G-Head with beehive springs, forward motion performance computer etc etc. I've spent so much time and Money and effort on this thing and I think my run of success has ended here at the head.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks like main studs are still available through ARP. Is there any difference between the CB main studs and non-CB? I didn't think there was.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Contact Ferrea, REV, Manley for your valve needs. Any one of these can custom make valves for you. They won't be cheap though. SI no longer makes valves for the g-head. The last g-head +1mm head I did I cut down the head diameter from the MP big valve exhaust valves. Came out perfect. They flow good too!
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG

Yes there is a difference between common block and early block main studs. The CB uses six longer studs on the three center caps. Here is a link I sent out about a million years ago on that subject. Pretty sure both FWDP, & TU sells these. As noted I believe you can contact ARP directly and order from them too, but it may be cheaper to buy through our vendors than direct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts