Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 1986 Crystler lebaron gts 3sp automatic i bought it about 5 months ago from a mechanic my brother works for. i was told the transmission was rebuilt before he sold it to me.
I drove the car for about a month then went on a 3 month trip and left the car sit. when i got back it started up perfect and i had minor problems with it but then after the 4th or 5th time driving it i felt that the gas pedal reached wall half way through its stroke. i barley allowed me to push the pedel and give enough gas to accelerate more then a granny pace. when i tried to push past the wall the car would slip form drive into neutral. at first it did this on the way to a place then when i left it was normal but now everytime i drive the car it has this problem.
i have looked at the shifter linkage and the shifter, basicly every part that is not inside the tranny. anyone have any ideas what this could be?

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Sounds to me like the kick down cable is out of adjustment. It runs from the throttle body arm, down to the trans. You'll have to find a manual to see the recommended adjustment proceedure. I've never owns an automatic TD, so I can't help you with that part...

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
have you verified fluid level and condition?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts