Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone have any idea where i can pick up a 1986 Dodge daytona turbo-z Steeering knuckle? my hub bolts snapped off during replacement, in dire need. pm as soon as possible
:bang head
Driver side having trouble finding :(

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
What eactly do you need?

The tie rod end? That can be replaced at any parts store.

When you say hub bolt, are you talking about your axle lug bolts? If so, pull the wheel bearing out, purchase a new axle stud, and install it in the old bearing (or replace it if it's getting torn up)

It's late, so I appologise If I am not following what you posted correctly, but the whole steering hub doesnt need replaced for JUST a tie rod end or axle stud.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's where the shock, The steering and I forgot what else Bolts up. The hub is attached to it by 3 bolts

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
That would be the wheel bearing. You should be able to get that replaced at the local parts stores. It is merely pressed in, and the 3 bolts hold it in the hub. I found breaking those bolts loose, then turning them out against the old hub (all at the same time, like a puller type motion) will pull the hub out most of the way, then you can either pry it the rest of the way out, or remove it by other means.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts