Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need the little strip of seal that keeps the water from leaking down my window and rotting my door out. Mine are cracked and split badly. I have an almost perfect set for a non t top car, but the ends are different. Any help out there buds?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need the little strip of seal that keeps the water from leaking down my window and rotting my door out. Mine are cracked and split badly. I have an almost perfect set for a non t top car, but the ends are different. Any help out there buds?
Lol "beb" I saw you post this today in school i was sitting right next to you haha maybe i could help out with looking into parts for ya sometime cool huh? haha:thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,182 Posts
If you want to do a little work, many have used the "aftermarket" replacements for 3rd generation camaros/firebirds. Just remove your old scraper, lay it over the new one, redrill new holes for screws, cut to length/shape (if necessary) and attach.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want to do a little work, many have used the "aftermarket" replacements for 3rd generation camaros/firebirds. Just remove your old scraper, lay it over the new one, redrill new holes for screws, cut to length/shape (if necessary) and attach.
hmmm, i'll have to take a further look into that. I started with plans to just see if i can make them, and have had some pretty interesting thoughts but if i could do something as simple as this sounds, i just might do that so my door doesn't rot out. Thanks bud

·
Administrator
25,650 Posts
Actually they are called inner or outer belt weatherstrip.
J.C Whitney sells universal belt weatherstrip.
I used them on the inside of my Daytona and it was a fairly easy install.

Also, your doors will not rust out, water will always enter the door, the door has drains built into the bottom to allow water to drain.
Be sure the drains are not clogged with leaves/debris or water will build up and then the doors will rust.

Fairchild Industries INNER AND OUTER BELT WEATHERSTRIPPING - UNIVERSAL - JCWhitney

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually they are called inner or outer belt weatherstrip.
J.C Whitney sells universal belt weatherstrip.
I used them on the inside of my Daytona and it was a fairly easy install.

Also, your doors will not rust out, water will always enter the door, the door has drains built into the bottom to allow water to drain.
Be sure the drains are not clogged with leaves/debris or water will build up and then the doors will rust.

Fairchild Industries INNER AND OUTER BELT WEATHERSTRIPPING - UNIVERSAL - JCWhitney
yeah that's it! the belts, couldn't think of it at the time. yeah i was going to look into JCWhitney. Thanks for all the help out there guys
my door is already rotting at the bottom in between the drains

1 - 9 of 9 Posts