Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i need to figure out what to do first to my 1986 Dodge Daytona 2.2L T1. please pm me if anyone can help, Thanks!

·
Administrator
25,001 Posts
Hey, i need to figure out what to do first to my 1986 Dodge Daytona 2.2L T1. please pm me if anyone can help, Thanks!
Welcome To TD!!!
We need more clarification...
What are you looking to do?
What system(s) are you working on?
Are you having an actual problem or are you just looking to make this car road ready?

·
Administrator
25,001 Posts
First thing to do is restore your car to completely stock specs and up to snuff. Make sure everything is in proper order lol. Vac system, electronics, overall conditions, suspension i suppose. Sorry to steal your thunder NAJ
No need to apologize for being knowledgeable.
My position here is to watch the forums, be sure threads are being answered and answered correctly but most of all I am here to...
EDUCATE
If members learn from what I post then I am accomplishing my goal.
So all I can say about you "stealing my thunder" is...

Atta Boy, Gold Star For You, Keep Up The Good Work!!! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
as said above make sure all is in good working order first
fix any broken vacume lines any bad wireing , leaks etc
prob a good idea to take a good hard look at the brake lines under the car and the hoses

fix anything that causes the car to give fault codes

then , get a wide band air/fuel gauge so you know if any mods you do cause it to go lean - that will kill it quick
easiest perf mod is a bigger exhaust 2 1/2 -3 inch - I don't recomend trying to change the exhaust outlet houseing on the turbo though - untill later when you happen to have the car apart for other things as the bolts have a bad habbit of snapping off when you try to remove them

better to try that when the turbo is on your work bench then the back of the motor

if the motor has NEVER been apart I might recomend a freash head gasket as the orig ones tended to rot around the water passages - they blow out easy when over heated when they are like that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts