Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Category: Domestic

I have a 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z for sale, in USA - Illinois.

Mileage: 62000 miles
Engine Size: 2.2

Asking price is $5500

Seller Information: Jeffry Bigott
Phone: (630) 901-3277
Email: [email protected]

Second Owner. All Original 1986 Dodge Turbo Z Automatic With AC. Purchased From Original Owner About 3-4 Years Ago With Intentions To Give To My High School Son. Now Wife Has Big Concerns That Car Doesn't Have Air Bags. Son Doesn't Want To See Car Go. Deal With Mom Is To Post Vehicle & See What Happens. This Car Is Ready To Drive & Has No Issues. No Rust. Interior Looks New. No Stains Or Pets. Comes With Original Documentation & Bill of Sale. Made 5 Hour Storage Trip To Wisconsin For Winter Storage, Where She Is At Right Now. Price Is Firm As Desire To Sell Is Not Of Dire Need. Seller Has The Right To Cancel Sale At Anytime Without Cause. Email For More Pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
Ask your wife then how she survived without airbags. We all grew up fine without them. Tell her to quit being such a whiner. That's one of the dumbest excuses for getting rid of the car.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Beautiful! Mine is pretty. But this one puts mine to absolute shame. I agree it is a poor excuse. I hope it finds a VERY good home.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sad part is that she sprung me the news after I was finished with the car over a 4 year period... Car has new brakes... tires... shocks... struts... radiator... condenser... evaporator... all AC aluminum pipes... thermostat... clamps... hoses... headlights... lugnuts... belts... headliner... water pump... alternator... vacuum lines... and factory Infinity CD player from newer Daytona that fits and matches perfectly. Only thing left was repainting the black louvers that are not shown on the car. I mentioned to her that the fact it doesn't have airbags should make the son a more defensive driver. Thought that if it had to go, I would only place it in a classified area where it would be appreciated. I have had individuals who wanted to park their bid SUV's and use this Turbo Z as an everyday driver. That sale would have tore my son's heart out. Only time will tell. Thanks for all of the compliments. By the way, the seats are original and untouched.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If this car had the black cloth interior, it would be sitting in my driveway by the weekend, for the asking price. Been lookng for this exact car with black cloth for 10 years now....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't think I ever saw one with black cloth... however, black leather is very hard to find in any respectable condition. Good Luck! Many TD's were hacked and modified through the years, left to the elements and vermin.

This one was actually... no joke, a little old lady car from Pennsylvania.

She had to liquidate all of her assets to qualify for assisted living and Medicaid. Has all original documentation and verifiable mileage.

Thanks...

·
Registered
35 Posts
We had 6 kids in my family and my brothers and I road in the back of our ford station wagon. I could not have dreamed it to be any other way. To be far my wife of 19 years thinks I'm crazy to let my 5, soon to be 6 kids play in back of the the van while driving. A man has to keep his sanity some how!!!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've never been a fan of leather in these cars, or the T-Top door trim. In '93 my h.s. buddy had an '86, as a 5 spd, with the black cloth. I fell in love with the interior and it is still my favorite of any car. In '95, I found this one, an identical '86, super clean car but with the auto. It had black interior with cloth as well. I drove it, problem free for 4 years before trading it for an '85 Jimmy on 44's in '99 (great deal at the time, as I sold the Jimmy for $5500 the next day). I went to offer the young kid $3000 to buy the Z back a few days later only to find it in his driveway, with the front end crumpled up into the front seat. The kid rearended a trash truck at 45 mph the same night he got it. He survived with no major injuries, but I was sick. I've had two '87 Z's (black with gray leather, 5 spds.), and they were great cars, but they just weren't the same. This one gave me hopes when I saw it from the outside. You have a very, very, nice car. Someday, I will find the one I'm looking for.

Your car with this car's interior is what I'm looking for.

Used 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z CS for Sale - Stock #F78633B1 | DealerRevs.com - Dealer Car Ad #51724048

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Yeah the seller hasn't been on in a month and a half.

He has personal contact info, try using that instead of this thread. It doesn't sound like he gets on anymore.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'm forcing my self to call him tomorrow. I would fly to IL and drive it back home. Very nice. Very clean.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.