Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
where the spare tire well used to be is now all Lexan.

Most, if not all, of these pictures are at least as old as august last year. there has been many more improvements and changes since then. I do not think I will ever be done modifying/improving the car.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I used the rear seat belt holes. They already are reinforced anchor points. I do plan on running another set just in case of failure. It would suck if one came loose jacking up one side of the car when going down the track.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Put the car on the scales and it weighed in at a hefty 2106lbs with a full tank of gas, one pair of full size tires, extra seat, seat belt, and misc box of crap in it. I also plan on pulling the headlights, extra wiring, and lightening up the heavy wing.

I will post a race weight soon, should be under the 2000lb mark

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi, I also have a Daytona and am wanting to lighten it as much as I can, I noticed you have gotten your car extremely light, I was shooting for 2500 lbs. for mine but you've seem to have blown that away, any ideas you can share with me to help drop a bunch of weight, I've gutted the rear of the car and have gotten rid of everything unneeded, also plan on cutting out the spare tire tub, any help would be much appreciated, thanks Brandon

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
What a great project! Makes my mouth water for the SnapOn tool truck to stop by just looking at it. Thanks for posting up all the build pics too!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hi, I also have a Daytona and am wanting to lighten it as much as I can, I noticed you have gotten your car extremely light, I was shooting for 2500 lbs. for mine but you've seem to have blown that away, any ideas you can share with me to help drop a bunch of weight, I've gutted the rear of the car and have gotten rid of everything unneeded, also plan on cutting out the spare tire tub, any help would be much appreciated, thanks Brandon
please read this, more detailed and updated. lmk if you have anymore ?'s, be glad to help

1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

·
Registered
581 Posts
Thanks for the link to that other thread, definitely more detailed, I do have one question, its a little off the weight topic though, but you seem to know you stuff and have some good connections, what's your opinion on the pcv system, and do you run one or did you delete it, I know you run a dohc motor but I'm still interested in what you think about the pcv system and/or deleting it for an old 8 valve motor, thanks Brandon

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks for the link to that other thread, definitely more detailed, I do have one question, its a little off the weight topic though, but you seem to know you stuff and have some good connections, what's your opinion on the pcv system, and do you run one or did you delete it, I know you run a dohc motor but I'm still interested in what you think about the pcv system and/or deleting it for an old 8 valve motor, thanks Brandon
I still run a pcv system on all my cars, have to get that moisture out of the motor.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Good news:
Two step and brakes working much better.
Made a couple of really nice passes.
Motor is still running strong.

Bad news:
Trans or trq conv is toast.

Best run was a 1.83 --- 7.06 @ 104.85

No 2nd or 3rd gear:mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im looking for advice ....

Im planning on doing a T3 swap of my own I have the motor and I just bought the candidate car its a 1985.5 XT laser has the voice alert system. ( I also have a Black 1986 Turbo Z C/S I could use) I have the T3 motor and transmission as well as the engine wire harness and computer. I know I have to modify the T3 engine bay harness to work with the 1st gen body harness of the car and I have a general Idea of what I need to do to accomplish that. what I need help with are the finer details like what year engine mounts and transmission mounts to put in the car or weather or not I need T3 throttle body specific cables AC lines and from what year as well as anything else I may be missing. all advice appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Im looking for advice ....

Im planning on doing a T3 swap of my own I have the motor and I just bought the candidate car its a 1985.5 XT laser has the voice alert system. ( I also have a Black 1986 Turbo Z C/S I could use) I have the T3 motor and transmission as well as the engine wire harness and computer. I know I have to modify the T3 engine bay harness to work with the 1st gen body harness of the car and I have a general Idea of what I need to do to accomplish that. what I need help with are the finer details like what year engine mounts and transmission mounts to put in the car or weather or not I need T3 throttle body specific cables AC lines and from what year as well as anything else I may be missing. all advice appreciated

Thanks
Before we get started with all of the t3 conversion stuff why do you want to convert it over?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 63 Posts