Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z T3 DOHC Tuned at FwdPerformance

15K views 62 replies 10 participants last post by  turboshelbys 
#1 ·
Thanks to James and Cindy at FWDPerformance for all the help with my project.

Dyno run in my T3 powered 1986 Daytona.

Aem EMS-4 Stand Alone tuner.

474whp@7000RPM 545hp@Crank

26psi with a 60/40 93oct/E85 blend

Stock intake manifold, fuel rail, and exhaust manifold.

Finally able to get some full passes in with the wider sticker drag radials and get my profec spec 2 to control boost.

Car is capable of so much more, but I do not want to push my luck with the stock T3 rods. I have a fully built race motor to go in, this was just a test and tune motor.

#2 ·
A little history...

I bought this car in 1999 for $500 from the backlot of a kia dealership.

1986 dodge daytona turbo z c/s. Originally a white ext maroon int, turbo i, 5 speed manual trans car. After blowing a hole in the a525 trans housing, trans was upgraded to a heavy duty a568 getrag unit and a spirit r/t stock clutch, boost was also increased to 14psi from the stock 9psi. Car ran very well for about a year. The boost and aggressive driving finally took its toll on the original engine(had 125k on it).

Upgraded to a t2 motor from a 88 shelby z and a new turbo from tu. Car ran like a dream.

After that i bought a spirit r/t. That was it, so much easier to make power with the dohc motor. It had a stock 1991 dohc motor with a custom cal.(set at 20psi), 20 inj., and 3" mb exhaust. This was installed as a test fit/function before paint work was done.

#12 ·
Upol Raptor Bed Liner goes on thick and hardens like a rock. I coated everything with that stuff, even my toast in the morning:thumb:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.