Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 1986 GLH Turbo. As you can see it’s dirty. It hasn’t been run in 10 years.
It has 205,224 miles. When I got it, the previous owner had it documented to 175K or so.
As far as I can tell, it has the original turbo and the head has never been off it. The previous owners had all used Castrol GTX 20W-50. The turbo didn’t smoke the last time I drove it. Sounds impossible, but the previous owner’s documentation shows every oil change, but no mention of head or turbo work.

Known problems;
The clutch has a funky feel to it. I think that one or more of the damper springs on the clutch plate have failed. It still grips and drives, but it feels wrong.
The turbo oil feed line is leaking.
The cam shows signs of wear.
The outside door handles on both rear and passenger side front don’t open the doors. Need adjustment. The inside handles still work.
The windshield trim is coming loose.
A/C doesn’t work.
Side moldings are coming off. I have saved them as they loosen up.

The only modifications I did were;
An underdrive pulley.
Minivan front brakes.
I have the original parts.
This is obviously a project, or it may just be a parts car now.
I’m asking $800 or I may sell parts individually.
I have another set of wheels (same as on the car) and other parts that I will list in the parts section.
I would love to make someone a package deal!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Where is this car, Tennessee? looks nice, interior got personalized but the engine compartment looks stock. How's the rust underneath, any?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the late reply. I was out of pocket for Thanksgiving.
Yep, I still have the car.
Knoxville TN car it's whole life. There is no rust through that I can see.
There is the potential for floor board rust due to leaks. I'll try to get pics.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have a 85 Horizon parts car (2.2 auto) that has the light grey interior parts needed to restore the interior to all light grey.
It or the desired parts can be included.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts