Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Category: Domestic

I have a 1986 Dodge Omni GLHS #425 for sale, in USA - Michigan.

Mileage: 31872 miles
VIN: 1B3BZ18E3GD267280
Engine Size: 2.2L Turbo

Asking price is $15,000 OBO

I purchased #425 from the original owner, who took delivery at the Whitter Plant on 6 August, 1986. I will include every bit of documentation I have from the purchase order, to the Shelby automotive truth in lending statement, to the Shelby new vehicle preparation pre delivery and road test sheet, maintenance records, warranty information, brochures, and signed owner's manual. The sales manager, Mr. Nelson Clarke was able to get Carroll Shelby to personalize the owner's manual with Best Wishes to you, ____________, Carroll Shelby. On the back of Clarke's business card he wrote a personal note apologizing for the "Scribbling" on the owners manual.

The car has spent its entire life in southern CA up until I purchased it in May. It is completely original, except for the tires, otherwise as original as the day it left the plant. The car became a weekend driver in the spring of 1990, when the PO's family blossomed and it forced a larger, family oriented car. He loving maintained the car and from 90' to present only put "a couple hundred miles" on the car per year; otherwise it was in a climate controlled garage. There is three modifications to the car, that is a Dodge dealer installed boost gauge, window tint, and a cd player.

Exterior:
Original paint that shines beautifully, graphics are complete and intact with the exception being the passenger ground effect where the pin stripe, about 1/2" is slightly curling up. Again, dry, arid, California, so rust. The front grill has a 3" section of one of the slats missing;however, I have a beautiful, nos grill to include that is free of damage.

Interior:
This is a car that rarely, if ever even had passengers in the car according to the PO. Interior is without tears, stains, rips, etc. Everything is original, even has the set of floormats. If your looking for a time capsule, this is it! only modifications from stock are the boost gauge and a pioneer CD player; the original, working headunit is included.

Suspension:
Wonderfully, stiff and tight. No evidence of broken/wore seals. The Koni's are still a beautiful red/orange with decals in tact

Trunk Area:
This area is free of stains, rips, tears, fading etc. It has one small stain, PO says this was from a wayward bottle of laundry detergent that fell out the dirty clothes on a rousing trip to the laundry mat not a week after purchase. The spare has never been used. PO stated that when I asked him to take photos of the area/tire/spare well prior to my purchase this was the first time he had ever even removed or opened the spare area. (which by the way, looks as fresh as the day it left whitter)

Drive train: Shifts nicely, a nice smooth idle. I took delivery at 31,799 off the enclosed transporter and have put but 77 miles on it.

I have owned several GLH's (5) and GLHS' (#154 and #425) over the years and claim to be a turbo dodge enthusiast, but an imminent family move for a new job to AZ, forces me to reduce the toys VERY reluctantly sell. I am currently in the South West and will be home to MI by the end of the month. Therefore, additional photos posting and or requests may take a few days, but now that this change in residence is happening in short order I need to get the word out.

I will do my best to contact all requests for information, through the site as soon as possible. I do ask that if you wish the email or call please post your contact information either on the post itself or through private message.

Thank you for the interest,
Topper

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
This is a beautiful car and wish you the best of luck selling such a fine piece. I would go on a limb here and say I would finance my house to own your car but the wife and kids come first, right.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is. Either pm me with your contact info or post it and I will contact you if you wish.

Thanks for the interest,
Topper

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Nice car. GLWS
I know that building. Grand Ave. just off of Cass Ave. Behind you were an auto repair shop and a radiator shop. Used to have drinks after work at the Railroad Inn right where that road meets Cass.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rimmie: The car is still in Mt. Clemens, MI in storage. I do find myself back MI on a regular basis, FYI.

Dartgts340: That's right you should be familiar as you used to live in the area. Small world...

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
I just bought an 86 GLHS with 19,000 original miles. I hope you get your asking price, it will only help me when I finish polishing mine up. Needs paint and putting back together but she is complete and will be a great example when I am done with her. I plan to start a restoration thread sometime soon.

GLWS topper. The 86 is the most collectible and desirable of them all to many!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Car is still in Michigan, and I am currently in Michigan on vacation till 5/28/15 if anyone wishes to see the car/make an offer. I have the title with me...

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6 in RHD. One of just a handfull in the US. Original GTI fighter. Very similar class of car to the Omni.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts