1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**** SOLD **** 1986 Dodge Omni GLHS - $2500 **** SOLD ****

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: carform_post -->
Category: Domestic

I have a 1986 Dodge Omni GLHS for sale, in Alberta - Region A.

Asking price is $2500

** I am located in Central California **

Up for sale is my 1986 GLHS that I have owned for about 10 years now. I've come to the realization that I've been hanging on to the car for long enough with no time to spend on it. I'd like to see car #457 go to a good home!
In 2006 the engine was rebuilt to factory specs and was finally installed in the car in 2012. New timing belt, water pump, starter, radiator, clutch. I have put less than 1000 miles on the new engine since installed, chassis has just over 100k.
The engine is stock but the exhaust is a 3" swingvalve, downpipe, new cat and 2.5" pipe back. It runs very strong and has plenty of power.
The trans is factory 525 with new oem linkage bushings, good firm feel and shifts well with no grinding. Has a very small leak near axle shaft, maybe a drop here or there.
Brakes work well, good pads, shoes, firm pedal with new fluid.
Original rear Koni shocks are in good condition, firm. Front Koni's need to be rebuilt and are included but I have a new set of stock shocks up front.
Steering works well but is leaking fluid, not sure which line.
No accidents, body is straight with only a small dent or two. All glass is good, no cracks or chips.
CA car entire life, only rust is a little on the top but just surface stuff.
On the inside, interior is complete, but the seats are worn and the headliner fabric is missing. Dash and center console are pretty nice, no cracked pieces, all gauges work.
HVAC system, blower, work. A/C was removed from the car but the heater works great.
Electrical system is good, all lights work, charging system is solid and comes with practically new battery.
Overall, pretty good condition for a mostly original car that you could daily drive no problem. Clean CA title in hand.

Questions? Please ask in the thread, I'll try and answer as soon as possible. Thanks for looking!

<!-- END TEMPLATE: carform_post -->

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
What town in California, I'm interested and does it have the dash plaque and do you have any of the original paperwork?

Thanks
Brett

·
Banned
866 Posts
Ok so this 1986 Dodge Omni Shelby GLHS
is NOW in CANADA'S WEST COAST ALBERTA
Region AH of Edmonton....on the native reserves ?

I assume this is the correct location for this car now!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What town in California, I'm interested and does it have the dash plaque and do you have any of the original paperwork?

Thanks
Brett
Hi Brett, I'm in Clovis California. The original dash plaque is on the dash. I have paperwork dated back to 2003 and I'm pretty sure I have the original owners manual with the original owners information hand printed in it. I'll have to dig it up to confirm. I'll take some pictures of the dash and what paperwork I have on Monday (going camping this weekend). Thanks for your interest.

I am also interested I am in Denver CO. I will be able to see it in October
No problem, just let me know when you are ready and I'd be happy to show it.

Ok so this 1986 Dodge Omni Shelby GLHS
is NOW in CANADA'S WEST COAST ALBERTA
Region AH of Edmonton....on the native reserves ?

I assume this is the correct location for this car now!
I did live in Saskatchewan years ago but couldn't handle the cold :) hahaa ok I suppose it's a good idea that I clarify a few things! I don't know why but the forum only lets me select Canadian locations?? Anyhow, I'm located in Clovis California along with the car. It has a clean California title currently in no-op status with $0 owed to the DMV, so no back fees or anything like that. I have the title in my name and ready to transfer. Hope this clears it all up!

Have a great labor day weekend all, and I'll be back on Monday to post some more pictures!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello all, sorry for the delay I just got some time today to get the pictures I promised. Here is the dash plaque and I did find the entire original booklet that came with the car. It includes the following all in great condition:

Operating Instructions & Product Information book
GLH-S Limited Warranties book
GLH-S Owners Manual
Shelby Automobiles booklet
Customer Arbitration Board booklet
ORIGINAL California Temporary Identification card First registered exactly 30 years ago yesterday! :surprise:

Also, I'm so sorry I just now saw the PM's in my box, I'll be calling everyone back tomorrow who left a PM, thank you!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts