Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1986 GLHS 315 and it comes with quite a storie.
First it's a 1 owner car with 33.000 miles on
The storie goes it was leased from Broadway Dodge and the guy defaulted on his payments so to prevent it being reped he took it all apart and hid it.
Back in 1995 someone comes acroos this car in the back of a unit and not knowing what they had sold it . After contacting Dodge about the lean they release it free and clear. This where I come in and I buy the car boom drag it from Texas to Ontario Canada Oh ya the car is till in peices but i start going thru it and it has the #s matching engine and all the Shelby goodies including the koni's build sheet and Id tags

So that is the storie of #315

Steve

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
My very good friend has 86 GLHS #314. It was also sold at Broadway Dodge in San Antonio, TX. He is the original owner. Probably not too many GLHS's are one owner cars after 20 years. His car now is fully redone and is nicer than new. It also has twice the horse as the original.
So if I read your post correctly, your one owner car is actually a three owner car? :p Steve, I'm just bustin your chops. Great story! It wasn't Rob Maxon's old car was it? He lived down there. In fact, I met him at a Dodge show at Broadway Dodge. At the time he had a 87 GLHS, but I heard he bought a 86 soon after that.
Todd

GLH said:
I have 1986 GLHS 315 and it comes with quite a storie.
First it's a 1 owner car with 33.000 miles on
The storie goes it was leased from Broadway Dodge and the guy defaulted on his payments so to prevent it being reped he took it all apart and hid it.
Back in 1995 someone comes acroos this car in the back of a unit and not knowing what they had sold it . After contacting Dodge about the lean they release it free and clear. This where I come in and I buy the car boom drag it from Texas to Ontario Canada Oh ya the car is till in peices but i start going thru it and it has the #s matching engine and all the Shelby goodies including the koni's build sheet and Id tags

So that is the storie of #315

Steve

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it wasn't Bobs car it was a guy named Brian
3rd owner but I'm only the second registered owner

Thats real cool that 314 and 315 were sold from the same dealer I'd love to see some pictures of 314 if you or your freind could send some to [email protected]
Thank you Steve

·
Registered
716 Posts
Is this the GLHS that was down to bare metal or did Cindy get that one. I am trying to remember it's advertisement. That's quite a cool story and haul. But worth it. Guys in the Neon world that deck their cars out and then need money for whatever, part them out and default on the loans. It's noticable when there is a modified Neon (motor, suspension, kit, and paint :rolleyes: ) and it is being sold as parts WITH OUT a title.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Cindy stills has the 1 that was down to bare metal I'm not sure what # that 1 is. Mine has been striped and now has a coat of epoxe primer on it.
It should get a fresh caot of paint this summer and will be well on its way back together

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Marcus86GLHS said:
4LBODIES: can you post a link to pix of the GLHS #314? the car sounds great.

GLH: hope you also can share some pix of your restoration and the finished car. any chance you'll make the Carlisle, PA (USA) show in July?
Marcus86GLHS,
Sorry to tell you no web site on that car. Trust me, it's nice. Close in quality to Quacks 276 GLHS. In fact his motivation was seeing #276 during it's restoration while I was living down in San Antonio. One of the unique features on this car is that the bumpers have been brought inward into the body to remove the space between the bumper and body. Like the export Omni's. The jury is still out on whether this hampers airflow into the radiator too much. The rear has no ill side effects. It just looks great!

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Yes, I still have the glhs that was down to bare metal, except now it's primered! It is #427 and originaly came from California.
Steve, I still have a couple of parts from #315, when you get a chance call me.
later,
Cindy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts