Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Omni GLHT. I have posted on here before the renovation about an electrical issue I was having. The fuel pump was replaced but will not run during start up. I could bypass the wiring and make it run, just not by turning the key. I could start it with starter fluid, but during my attempts to fix the fuel pump issue, it stopped having spark too. I have a feeling it is something that connects the two but when it comes to electrical issues, I am terrible at finding them. Now, I was going to pull the motor this spring and do some freshening up with some parts I have laying around as well as go over the wiring harness wire by wire. I really like the Omni's, probably my favorite cars. However, now time is not on my side and I may be moving out of state in a few months. So, I am reluctantly asking if there is any other TD'ers who would be able to take this car and get in running again and give it a good home. I do not want to part it out, I do not want to crush it either. I bought this GLHT because the motor is a complete T1 and the body is straight the ground effects are in great shape plus I like the sunroof cars. When someone buys it I will regret selling it right away, but I need to let it go.

So, if anyone is interested please let me know. It is located just outside Roanoke Virginia. I have lots of spare parts to go along with it if wanted. Mostly just engine parts, spares and things like that. It has an SRT4 intercooler that could go if you want it and the spare CB has a 2 piece intake that can go as well. It also has big brakes from a Caravan I think but they are in rough shape and will need to be fully rebuilt or used for cores, but the brackets are there. I have some ploybushings for it and a set of the bigger lace wheels. I am sure there are more items but I cannot think of them right now.

The interior is out of the car. The car originally had grey interior, the door cards are in great shape. However, the previous owner was making this car a track car before he passed away. So the seats were missing. I took a good set from a donor car I had, but they are red. Also, the dash is removed. I do not have it, it was not with the car when I bought it. I was going to do more of a racing style dash made from aluminum like the Reliant on Donovan's Dodge Garage. I do, however, have a VIN tag that matches the title.

This car is not turn key, but I fully believe that if someone could figure out the electrical issue, and bolt in the seats they could drive this car easily, while they make it pretty again. Since I cannot start the car, only turn it over for the potential buyer I would accept $750 for the car. Please feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected] with any questions you may have about the car. I will post whatever photos of the car that are requested.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I cannot part with it now. 4 L-bodies figured out the issue and it's running great. So I will not be selling. Admins, feel free to delete this thread or keep it up to give 4 L-bodies some credit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts