·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Category: Domestic

Mileage: 164,000 miles
Engine Size: 2.2

Asking price is $1

1986 Plymouth Turismo 2.2 w/ 5-speed manual transaxle for FREE!
...as long as you can pick it up from El Cajon, CA before Jan 31, 2019.

Honestly, the car isn't in great shape. The engine runs, but the car will not pass CA smog tests. There are missing and inoperable emissions components. The original carb was replaced many years ago with one that has a manual (rather than a vacuum) secondary. The original A525 transaxle failed in 2007. I replaced it a year later with a transaxle that might have come from a Daytona. I'm not sure what model the transaxle is. There is no identification plate and the people at the wrecking yard didn't know what it came out of either. The installed transaxle makes some noise. I replaced the driver cv axle with the transaxle. Since the transaxle failure, the car has been driven probably 5 miles. Any time I moved, it was put on a trailer. The car has new (cheap) tires just to move it around. I installed a new voltage regulator a few years ago to remedy voltage issues with the alternator. I also installed new rear struts a few years ago. At the moment, the driver side rear brake drum is locked up. I haven't had time to try to fix it.

This was our family car when I was a kid and then it was passed down to me in very poor condition as my first car. I learned how to drive in this car. I have held on to this car for over 15 years hoping I could restore it, but I haven't been able to live in a place that's conducive with rebuilding a car. So the decision has come to part with the car. I have no friends that can help me store it locally and I can't keep paying storage fees in the hopes that I MIGHT rebuild it one day. If nobody comes to get the car before Jan 31, 2019, I will have to send it to a scrap yard or auto wrecker. My dad rescued this car from an auto wrecker in the early '90s to make it our family car. Is there someone else out there that can save this car? I really hate to see it go, but I have to move on. I really wanted to make it something like a GLHS. In the recent years, I've been thinking it would be cool to make it electric.

I'll make it back to the turbododge community (although I've never had a TURBO Dodge) one day. I've wanted a GLHS for many years.

Call or text me anytime.

Jeramy
760 two one two 4 four 7 eight.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I'm drooling over those red door panels.:grin2:

They would look so nice in my Rampage!!

GLWS

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hope somebody saved this car. Only if I was closer...
Also, your electric car conversion idea reminded me of the Omni Electrica 007. There was one on the New Jersey Craigslist a while back...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sold the car to a wrecking yard today. This car meant a lot to me, so this was a tough thing to do. I feel bad that some cool parts are getting wasted... the wheels, the louvre. I need to buy a GLHS to make myself feel better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts