Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Removed from a documented 45k mile show car ,2.2 Turbo 1 complete valve cover to Oil pan coupled with it's original 2 adult owner A520 transmission. 3:50 Gear Ratio. Engine was fogged prior to removing. Maintained while in car. Out of a 1987 Dodge Daytona Pacifica. Engine was replaced with a highly modified 2.5 common block and A555. CarFax on car available on this numbers matching engine and transmission. Tranny and engine codes are May of 1987. I can text photos to you. Located outside of Albany NY. Will help with shipping logistics at buyers expense. This is a real deal no bs motor. $1475 b/o for complete with bolt ons engine and trans.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Are you sure the 1987 T-I Daytona had an A-525 trans??

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The A 520 is much more desirable and likely to sell!!

There should be a final drive ratio on the tag.

3:50 or 3:85

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
That's the more desirable ratio for many of us!

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Respectfully, you're asking way more than top dollar for your Engine/trans.

Then you suggest a junk run which would no doubt net considerably less?

Even a low mileage 2.2 T-I Engine doesn't have much desirability.

The 520 has some value and desirability in my eyes.

The forums have been quiet recently that's for sure.

I would relist them separately & reasonably.

Your heading looks like 145 K miles.

We call them T-I

Good Luck !!

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have attempted to sell my access parts. There is no interest in them. I am glad I have a penpal in you ,that I at least know there is 6 or so people on this forum. These engines and transmissions take up space in my garage, I put them out there to see if there is interest which there is none, I have seen FREE cars and parts on this forum that with the banter back and forth you would think that someone would commit, and it did not happen. I have saved enough parts to keep my sons car going for as long as he is into these and I am good with moving on . I have every clip, cable and bolt. And I saved the best and got rid pf the others. As far as the pricing yes I went into it high but as this is a frugal crowd I thought someone would at least lowball me. Again crickets... Pricing is what someone will pay to satisfy their want and desire. There is no set retail price on these parts for these cars as nothing is available for them. Only what people will pay. If a vendor has NOS parts and they set their prices 4- 6x the price of what sold for new and gouge their fellow enthusiast is that acceptable? No they become revered for hoarding the parts and making money . But they also contributed to make a hobby a business and sucked the life out of the ones who enjoy what they are trying to preserve. They are not enthusiasts just opportunists. I am not running a business, a warehouse or a museum. If they sell they sell I attempted to pass them on. The clock is ticking on them as winter is approaching. I know what they are worth in core (150 for a 520 350 for the 555 both would require shipping at $125 ea pending disassembly inspection so a net $250 if both are acceptable) or I can scrap at 17 cents per pound dirty aluminum and I can recoupe my garage space back by pursuing that avenue. EVEN if I put the transmissions at core price no one would pay the shipping. They would want me to drive 2-3 hours one way to meet them or arrange sending it by bus. It is not worth my time. I pulled these parts out of the cars and saved them to begin with to attempt to pass them on. Thank you for your concern .

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I had the funds, the 520 would be a good tranny to get for future use. Maybe folks are waiting to see what happens after 11/3/20

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All right you get another post for the month! Careful one of the performance Sundance people could chime in and beat you for the month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts