Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I need some advice on what to do with my project car. 15 years ago my dad and I started restoring my 1987 LeBaron Turbo Coupe. It had 100,000 miles on it and we decided to give the engine and tranny and overhaul which turned into several other projects that ended up with us getting nothing done, mostly due to the longer it sat the more work needed to be done. We have a ton of Mopar engine, exhaust, wiring harness, interior and electronic parts for the car new in the box. The Turbo I engine has been completely overhauled. Engine rebuild included new cylinder head, cam shaft and followers, pistons, rings, bearings, injectors, plugs, oil pump, distributor and many accessory items (hoses, lines, O2 sensor, etc). Engine was balanced on a Stewart Warner. We polished the intake and exhaust ports to get every last ounce of power out and also bought the Mopar Performance ECU. The auto transmission was rebuilt including new clutches, planetary gear, bearings, spider gears, etc. with the Mopar Performance valve body. My dad worked for Chrysler Corp. for over 30 years so he is a bit of a perfectionist. The interior has been removed to replace the carpet (also purchased the dealer) and we haven't had time to replace.

So the question is should we part out or sell as a complete project car? The sheet metal and paint is in decent condition, it's dirty from sitting and has taken some hits from tree limbs and acorns. The leather seats and interior are in above average condition and if I had some time to restore this would be a mint ride. I've got pics and a parts list if anyone would like to look at to help me decide. Obviously the parts are worth more but I hate to break it up! Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Personally I would part it out.

My dad and I have had projects we've sold, that we could have gotten so much more money out of if we'd have parted them out.

If you have the time, part it out.

If not put it all up, someone will see the value in it.

Shit, if only I had the money...

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
welcome to TD! first post ! :woot:

nearly every project is worth more 'parted out'

but you will never get another chance to finish that project, together, and enjoy it and show it off

and that feeling is 'priceless'

·
Registered
70 Posts
I know it's worth more as parts, but DON'T DO IT! Nice 87 LeBarons are hard to come by! :bang head

Take some pics, put them in the classifieds, some one will buy it. Put the NOS parts up separately( or PM me with a list :thumb: ).

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
finish it !!! you wont regret it once its done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts