Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to install a set of older style tail lights on my dodge Omni. They have the stop/running, reverse and amber turn signal.
I have done this on my 97 Dodge Neon by swapping the Euro tails as they have the amber turn.

My issue is separating the turn signal from also acting a a break light when you hit the pedal. I am using an 1156 socket that is a single wire that is a metal socket that grounds to the metal ring on the tail light housing and that housing ring has a wire grounded to the car body.
The solution to getting the stop lamp to work is to still use an 1157 2 phase socket to replace the small socket on the original tails and have the existing running light signal and tap into the 3rd break lamp wire to act as a stop lamp same as I did on the Neon.
Reverse can stay as it is.

Any help would be great. The older tail look so much better.

89635506_956155734892101_6012062596369219584_n.jpg

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out, there is a wire near the bottom of the steering column that has a white/tan and a thicker white. This shares the break signal. Cutting the white wire separates the turn signal from the brake therefore my amber's will only be on as turn signals now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts