Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Category: Domestic

I have a 1987 Dodge Shelby GLHS #902 for sale, in USA - Michigan.

Mileage: 142,000 Miles on Body Engine and Trans have approx. 20,000 miles
VIN: 1B3BZ64E5HD587700
Engine Size: 2.

Asking price is $6000 OBO

6000.00 OBO . I paid 9500.00 5 years ago and I am getting ready to put up for sale my beautiful 1987 Dodge Shelby GLHS #902 Charger. body I have owned this car for 5 years now and it is time to say goodbye. This is an nevada car that I had delivered in a enclosed trailer to Michigan. The is no rust on the car and the body is straight. Never had an accident and has never seen rain or snow. The guy I bought this car from had the engine and transmission completely redone. She is clean and well taken care of. The only thing that will need to be done to her is the Koni's will need to be rebuilt, I was going to replace them with coil-over suspension, but life took a turn for the worse and that is the reason I have let her go. The body has 142,00 miles on her but you would never know it. The engine fires right up, and runs like a champ. Very fast. NO LEAKS, like many of these cars frequently do. I have owned 4 GLHS, and 3 Shelby Chargers in the past and this one was the cleanest one of all. Interior is a 8 out of 10. I have the owners manuals, warranty papers, even the cassette that came with the car. The factory stereo has been replaced with a high end Alpine CD player. I have put a strut tower bar in the engine compartment on the car for better handling. I have a new factory Air conditioning compressor (Last one from Mopar) and all new air conditioning hoses and controls (All Mopar parts). Brand new Toyo Proxy 4 tires all around! I also have many extra parts that will go with the car. New trunk latch ( Not that it needs it, I just bought everything I could on ebay, I had no intentions of ever letting her go. I am just starting the selling process (PICTURES WILL FOLLOW) she is still in winter storage. (Heated Garage) Now that the weather is getting nicer I will be moving it to my fathers garage in Portage, Michigan so I can prep her for the sale. So contact me so we can talk, I don't want to sell her, but my life requires me to. The pictures I posted are of the car when I bought her, but I have only put 3000.00 on the car since I bought her. She still looks the same, I will update with new pictures soon.

HERE IS THE POST FROM THIS SIGHT THAT LEAD ME TO BUY THIS CAR:

I am going to be selling my pristine GLHS #0902. It was completely restored by a Chrysler Master Tech before I bought it from Steve Foster who a lot of people know quite well. I am listing the work done on it below.

I could have probably spent less money doing this car by hunting for cheaper parts or buying used stuff, but I didn't so the prices listed are what I paid.

The car is for sale at $9,400.00

Here is the build info:

Completely rebuilt motor (12-18K miles):
Motor Rebuilt by Chrysler Master Tech Mechanic (the quality of the work is self-evident)
Ported and rebuilt GLHS head
Ported intake 2-Piece intake
All new OEM Vacuum lines (hard AND soft lines replaced)
Rebuilt T-2 Turbo w/ Larger wheel, ported housing and larger actuator
Ported Exhaust manifold
Rebuilt Transmission with newer clutch (also 10-15K miles)
Total Approximately $5100.00

ALL New or Newer parts:
New +20 injectors ($149.00)
Power steering pump New ($78.00)
New high pressure steering pump hose ($25.90)
Newer style Denso/Chrysler high output alternator with brackets ($140.00)
Magnecor Wires with new cap, rotor and plugs (R9YC) Newer ($81.00)

New 255 lph Fuel pump ($120.00)
New Fuel filter ($30.00)
Accufab Adjustable Fuel Regulator New ($129.00)
Dawes Devices Air Fuel meter New ($62.00)
New larger master cylinder ($45.00)
FWD Stage 3 computer Newer ($125.00)
Remanufactured Radiator ($109.00)

Dual guage pod ($25.00)
Autometer Boost guage ($54.00)
SW oil pressure guage (installed but not connected) ($25.00)

WORKING A/C!!! All new compressor, lines, etc.
A/C Compressor New ($368.00)
A/C lines New ($310.00)
A/C Condensor and evap believed Rebuilt (forgot price)
Conversion to R134 ($22.00)

New OEM O2 sensor reconfigured for 4-Wire setup ($85.00)

Front Brakes Converted to Caravan large calipers (rebuilt) w/ Power Stop pads ($150.00)
Rear Brakes converted to Disc with performance pads ($145.00)
Proper proportioning valve was also installed ($35.00)

Alpine CD player with Polk Audio 6.5” separates with for XM satellite radio ($720.00)
Sylvania Higher Output headlights ($28.00)
High flow catalytic convertor ($75.00)
2.5” FWD mandrel cat-back exhaust with Dynomax muffler ($170.00)
Momo black leather shifter knob ($65.00)
New turn signal switches and arm (that actually reset after turns) ($120.00)
K&N Filter ($35.00)
Boost control valve used for faster spool-up (steady at 15 psi) ($35.00)
No detonation
Electric locks installed but you can’t tell since it works with the alarm remote and no switches inside. So much easier than using a key. ($130.00)
New OEM HEP ($35.00)
New Axles ($160.00)

$3500.00 paint job
All proper OEM graphics ($100.00)
20% tint on all windows, 10% on rear ($210.00)
Everything works!!!
No LEAKS from the sunroof, windows or hatch
Interior is 9 out of 10

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
When I lived in kalamazoo/portage, i passed this car going the opposite direction and almost had whiplash from rubbernecking! :thumb: Good looking glhs for sure!, and VERY reasonable asking price.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Where is Portage located in Michigan?
Its in the sw area of michigan, about 1.5 hours west of detriot.

Thank Bill, If I remember right you or was it your brother that worked at Auto Parts plus?
That was my younger brother Joey. If we weren't in the process of putting in a pool right now, i'd be all over this! :thumb:

Here is a link to the original for sale thread (has larger images): http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f7/f30/164246-1987-glhs-sale.html

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Bill been so busy lately. I will get her out of storage soon for pictures but it is calling for snow this weekend so it might be a couple of weeks. The pictures show her with a aftermarket set of wheels, I switched them back to the original centurions. The second she rolled off the Semi.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was hoping to get her out this weekend but it is snowing and she has never been out in this kind of weather. They say Spring arrives in Michigan next week and the first dry warm day I will get her out of storage and put her in my dads garage so I can get the larger and recent pictures. You wont be disappointed. This is my baby I have owned 3 GLHS and 4 Shelby Chargers and this is the jewel in my collection.

My number is 269-599-6083 if you want to call and talk about the car.

Thanks

Bryan GLHS#902

·
Registered
114 Posts
I sold this car to Bryan 5 years ago. Bryan is a solid guy. I don't come around here much so imagine my surprise to see my old car up for sale. Bryan, you had it shipped out from California not Nevada lol. I live close to Shelby's old plant. It is one of the best GLHS examples in the world hands down. I am sad to see him sell it. If I had the room, I would buy it back today. At the price he is selling it for, I hope no douchebags will try to talk him down. It is worth a few thousand more without question. Bryan, hit up Alan Jones on TM. He might be interested as he knows the car. I have not spoken to him yet but he needs a GLHS : ) or at least that's what I will tell him. Also, hit up Cindy at FWD. She knows how particular I am and will appreciate this car.

Again, this is a steal for this car, especially with the extra money Bryan has put in. If you offer him a ridiculous price shame on you. If you buy it, you will not be disappointed. Amazing car, great seller, and way below actual worth.

Good luck Bryan I pray things turn around for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mr. Bob and Bryan:
I am not a douchebag, but rather a very interested potential buyer who has had Mopars for years and am now looking for a replacement for the Shelby Charger I gave up back "in the day" when my life dictated so. I have been in contact with Bryan (several times) and am trying to set up a time to meet with him to possibly purchase the car. Due to this time lapse, (I have been eager to get out to Bryan's to see the car), I have asked Bryan to give me "first refusal" and I am hoping this request will be honored. With any luck, Bryan and I can set up a time to meet, and if the car is as described by both you and Bryan, a deal can be struck. Your praise of the car has not gone unappreciated. Thank you. Bill

·
Registered
114 Posts
Bill that wasn't directed at you. That was for the inevitable low ballers that offer pennies on the dollar and even then can't scrap up those pennies to buy the car. It makes the entire TD community look like donkeys.

This is an incredible car. If you see it and drive it you will buy it. If I could sell my 8V converted Spirit RT for even 25% of what it would cost to rebuild it I would ship this GLHS back to California today. It's better then new if you see it and drive it you will agree without a doubt.

FYI if someone needs financing a credit union will usually finance collector cars otherwise they sometimes let you borrow against a car you already own usually for under 6% interest.

Mr. Bob and Bryan:
I am not a douchebag, but rather a very interested potential buyer who has had Mopars for years and am now looking for a replacement for the Shelby Charger I gave up back "in the day" when my life dictated so. I have been in contact with Bryan (several times) and am trying to set up a time to meet with him to possibly purchase the car. Due to this time lapse, (I have been eager to get out to Bryan's to see the car), I have asked Bryan to give me "first refusal" and I am hoping this request will be honored. With any luck, Bryan and I can set up a time to meet, and if the car is as described by both you and Bryan, a deal can be struck. Your praise of the car has not gone unappreciated. Thank you. Bill

·
Registered
18 Posts
#902 has found a new home in upstate NY. My son and I picked her up last
Sunday from Bryan. She has passed NYS inspection and is now on the road here along with my '65 Mustang and '55 Speedster. She has received many compliments and a few I have allowed to drive her are amazed at her performance. She is a "keeper"! (Had an '83 Shelby charger "back in the day" and have always regretted letting her go, but #902 is better than ever!) Driving her daily (when the sun shines!)!! Wow!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.