Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1987 Dodge Shelby Lancer #779 - $$2800 OBO

Category: Domestic

I have a 1987 Dodge Shelby Lancer #779 for sale, in USA - Washington.

Mileage: 200k miles
Engine Size: 2.2T

Asking price is $$2800 OBO

I am putting my SL up for sale...wish I didn't have to. It runs and drives excellent and it goes pretty good. The car has almost 200k on it. When I got the car, I replaced the lower end with a 130k unit from an 87 Lancer ES Turbo. The head used was a later year casting (it came on the car when I bought it) and had been replaced at some point in the cars life. I am unaware of the mileage on it, but it looked great when I inspected it. Also, during this process, I replaced all the gaskets and seals in both the lower and upper end. I also performed a manual transmission conversion using an A555, with 56k miles on it. The car has the MP Stage II logic module installed and pulls 14psi at WOT. The original Pioneer stereo was MIA when I bought the car, as well as the original dash plaque. I have installed a genuine SL dash plaque since but of course it isn't the proper number to the car. The original CSS 15" wheels are on the car in good shape with all the center caps. Suspension is all original and the car still handles excellent. Tires are good all around with probably 75% tread. The leather interior is in decent shape, carpet has staining and fading. The top surfaces of the car, at least, need paint. It could use a full paint job. The only damage on the car is on the passenger side rear door and a little into the rear quarter panel. I have a very straight rear door that is to be installed before paint, and the rear quarter damage could be fixed easily. The steering wheel pictured has since been replaced with a nice one with no material missing from it. And the original TII airbox assembly will go with the car. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: 1987 Dodge Shelby Lancer #779 - $$2800

Pics added. Car comes with the CSS wheels only. Motegi wheels in picture do not come with the car. They are for sale separately though...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Price Reduced $100.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Price dropped another $100. No takers on an SL?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

PRICE REDUCED $200 more! Come on somebody swoop this thing up and be the proud new owner of a numbered Shelby!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank for your time but I'll pass since you feel it is a waste of time to answer my request for information and pictures. I will look for another car elsewhere.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Price reduced to $2600

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Price reduced to $2500....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Registered
742 Posts
How bad are the window felts and channels? Some better interior shots would help alot! Front windshield cracked, what about struts, brakes etc? thx for your time.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The front windshield has a crack on the passenger side. It isn't obstructing driver's view but it needs removed before the needed paint job to take care of a line of bubble rust at the top molding. Struts and all suspension, other than the larger Chrysler 1 1/4" front sway, are all original and amazingly still handles good. Brakes work excellent. Has four wheel disc as equipped stock. But the rear calipers were seized when I bought the car, so I replaced them with slightly different style Chrysler rear calipers. They function properly but they rest on the caliper mounting pins a bit loose and the calipers make a racket on bumpy roads and when first applying brake. BUT, functionality is compromised. The correct caliper can be had on RockAuto. The local parts store had a hard time even finding the right ones, but RA specifies "Shelby" under 87 Lancer when searching for rear calipers. The window scrapers are cracked in places, and it could use some nice soft ones.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is a pic(s) of the damage on the rear quarter, it is so minimal, and current door(I have a very straight door that goes with the car to install before paint)

Here's another good exterior shot, NOTE: This was taken in the rain and the top surfaces appear shiny, they are not shiny and the car does need paint.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The pita is all the small stuff, but then again its a good price...and I once read somewhere, a review of the Lancer/GTS that happened in a 200,000 mile car and they stated it rode and handled incredibly well for 20+ year old car. Thats at least a 500.00 trailer ride.. but...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is still for sale! And I just upgraded the rear axle/brake system to an 89 GTC setup. Bigger, vented rotors, the car stops a lot better now. And the axle has the welded tab in the center for added strength/rigidity.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.