·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
8/26/2017
I may have found a photo sharing site that is free; www.flickr.com

I'll try to update the build log,
but I'm going to have to contact the MODS,
and see if they'll unlock my posts here so I can re-add the right pics.
Stay tuned...

Here's a little teaser:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dr Johny would u happen to know someone who would have a right side skirt for the Omni's, i'am looking for one, if u do please let me know. Regards Errol.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
Dr Johny would u happen to know someone who would have a right side skirt for the Omni's, i'am looking for one, if u do please let me know. Regards Errol.

It would be just great if you would PM Dr.Johny, rather than using my project log for discussion.

Thank you, in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
This is awesome Donnie. Reminds me of my 50s Chrysler stuff. The whole motors were painted argent silver. Gives it a high heat look, like your motor is wearing a suit to walk around in a volcano!

Thanks!
It's actually a stainless paint for gas grills! But it looked like what I wanted. So, I took a chance on it, and it turned out nice.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
Friends of the GLHS 0896 project log, this is yet another apology for the lack of updates.

In going through the log, I see most of the images have been removed due to my not paying for photobucket.
I have to download all of the pics, and reposition them in the right places.
I’m working on this.

As for the car, a lot has been done(at least MY definition of “a lot” lol), and some changes have been implemented as well.
Presently I’m looking for inner tie rod bump stops.
I rebuilt the rack using RGL10’s impeccable repair outline. Thanks Randy!

I also believe I may have finally finalized the radiator/intercooler support with hood pins mounted.

Check back often; I appreciate the support.
The weather is really putting a damper on progress though.
The projected completion date has been backed up so many times I can’t even remember!!! lol

I am really realistically hoping and praying to have the car on the Carlisle grounds for this year’s Chrysler at Carlisle in July.

Thanks again, and I hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Thanks for the update Donnie! No need for apologies lol!
Any progress is always great to hear about, and I can’t even imagine the PITA it’s gonna be messing around with those pics :/

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
Thanks for the update Donnie! No need for apologies lol!
Any progress is always great to hear about, and I can’t even imagine the PITA it’s gonna be messing around with those pics :/

Thank you Mark.
As for the pics; I had 1938 pics at photobucket.
I have to scroll through each one and re-save it before I upload them to a new server. I think Flickr is good, but if not, I’ll find a way!!!
The PITA is that as I’m scrolling through my pics trying to save them, splash ads keep popping up and slowing progress!
I’ve been working on getting the pics for a bit now.
I’ll get everything I need, organize, and see if a Moderator will unlock my project log for a few days for me.
But first, I gotta get all the pics, and begin a smear campaign against photobucket. lol

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Donnie,

Good to hear that you're still progressing. I can sympathize with your delays, as my Daytona has fallen 2 years behind, with no finish in site.

As for the pics, I have found that we can post them to TurboDodge's server by using the "Go Advanced" option. I took a few attempts, but I finally figured out how to do it. The best part is that you'll never have to worry about losing your pics to a 2nd party's change of policy.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
26 Feb 2018
So, just to update the log....
I have set completion dates from when I first started this build log. And here’s the FINAL DATE!!!
The 2018 Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle, PA. July 13-15, 2018
Also known as
“Chrysler at Carlisle”
For those that don’t know, it’s simply another car show with all the vendors and special cars on display; ALL Chrysler.
I have spoken to SDAC, and we’re trying to get all of the TurboDodge guys that will be coming with their cars to list their club affiliation as SDAC, so we will hopefully be positioned together on the grounds for the show.
Needless to say, it’s a big show, and to be a part of it is going to incredible!!!

So, where am I at with the boostaholic agenda?
Here’s a couple pics from yesterday:

As anyone can see, I have a long way to go.
However, everything is there, I just have to assemble it. lol
At the moment, I had to disassemble my custom radiator support to rebuild the L/F corner. It was off by just a touch from the right side, and with the hood pins being secured to this piece, they have to be exact.

FYI: All factory hood latches/cables/etc, are SOL) lol

So, now that I’ve finally figured out how to update the log with pics using my iPhone, there will be more consistent updates.
BUUUUTTT; there’s a TON of work to do, so I don’t know how much time I’ll actually have to update it. But I will try.

Thank you for checking in.
Thank you for your prayers.
And most of all, thank you for all of the support and HUGE favors I’ve been blessed with thus far.

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
FYI you do Not want to run that I/C on an angle like that. It will Kill air flow to the radiator and you will run too hot.

Unless of course you plan on running Al rad the size of that I/C to compensate ;)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #456
FYI you do Not want to run that I/C on an angle like that. It will Kill air flow to the radiator and you will run too hot.

Unless of course you plan on running Al rad the size of that I/C to compensate ;)

Yes, that’s the idea.
I have a dual core aluminum radiator right behind the IC. Flow through should be really great with dual 12” fans pulling air.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #458
Been reading and catching up . Great build . Any updates?

Thanks for checking in woodsie.
I can’t believe it’s been this long since I’ve updated the build here, but progress is dreadfully slow. There’s definitely some steps I’ve taken with the GLHS, but not as much as one might think.

I’m sure I’ve spent more time working on other people’s TurboDodge cars than mine, but that’s a big part of the means to afford building mine.

The systems presently being built are the brakes and fuel systems.
I replaced the factory prop valve with an adjustable unit, and replaced the under hood brake lines with NiCopp lines.

Out back, I lightened the trailing arm a bit by removing metal, but probably added it back with the paint
The rear brakes are the vented rear discs from a G-body. This also adds weight, but I’m gonna see how it does and if need be I have ideas on a much lighter replacement trailing arm.

Fuel system; I was going to run the -6an stainless braided line for the feed, and use the factory feed as the return, but I got the roll of stainless braided and there’s enough to run both feed and return!

It’s coming together; slowly, but surely. I have no projected completion date, as I missed so many of them it makes no sense to have one.
It’ll take a while (10 years already lol), but there will be no compromise included when it’s ready.

Thanks again for checking in.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Have you been looking into the Honda trail arm setup that Don Noel is going to use, or something scratch built? Also, I need to ship you these harnesses so you can merge them together into a SMEC harness for #958.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #460
Have you been looking into the Honda trail arm setup that Don Noel is going to use, or something scratch built?
Well, I’m sure I’ll use Don’s idea and design as a sort of road map, and may end up going exactly as he did, but I really don’t know yet.
Also, I need to ship you these harnesses so you can merge them together into a SMEC harness for #958.
Yes, yes you do.
I have a page on the book of faces,
Turbo Mopar Wiring
Feel free to HMU there, and we can discuss the details.

441 - 460 of 480 Posts