Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I was instrumental in helping my grandson buy his first car....I love classic cars and have a couple myself. I came across a 1987 GLHS # 253 at a good price. Straight as a string, original, interior in great shape including seats. 122,000 miles on the odometer. side dump exhaust and pillar mounted boost gauges look like the only changes. Car ran great for a while, then developed some running problems (not specific). We put the car in the hands of our family mechanic who determined that we needed new injectors and some other work to the tune of 2,000.00. It stung a bit, but we ponied up the money and had the car (fixed). Got the car back, it ran for a day or two and then would not stay running. Our family mechanic moved his shop and won't return our calls. I think he got in over his head....The car was parked (at my house) and my grandson bought a Subaru. I want him to keep the car because of what it is. Now he is talking about selling the car. Makes me sad because this is the time we all sell "that car" and wish we had it back later in life. My dilemma is, if he sells the car, I want him to get what it is worth in today's market.....Does anyone have an idea about that? Also, what type of mechanic is capable of dealing with a car like this in order to clean up the current problems? We live in Boise Idaho. Any thoughts are appreciated

·
Registered
70 Posts
These cars are simple to work on. With a good repair manual you can repair it yourself and drive the hell out of it. Tell the kid you'll give him a grand for it, then go do burnouts in front of his house. DAILY, while looking for the "mechanic" that ripped you off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts