Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just picked up an 87 GLHS Charger and of course the dash plaque is gone. VIN #1B3BZ64E7HD556920 Can someone with a master list help me out? John

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey John,
Good to hear from you. I can get that to you in the morning. Want PM or public?
Public is fine. Glad you are still here.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Well John,
I looked through my list. I have probably 98% of the cars listed for the GLHS Charger. Of course wouldn't you know it, but your VIN # is one of the very few I don't have. I think I can narrow it down quite a bit though. The VIN #'s anywhere close to your VIN # 556920 were shipped between 10/15-17/86. It appears your GLHS Charger was one of the earliest ones made. On the list I have, the margins weren't set quite correct for the printer, so the first line of every page is missing one car's info. There is also two blocks of #'s with no shipping info besides the car #. Those blocks are car #'s 0003-0010. These cars appear are very close to your VIN #. Then, the very tail end of the production from car # 964-999 have no info either. I doubt your GLHS is one of these as the VIN #'s are way off around VIN 590XXX-592XXX. That leaves one other possiblity. As I mentioned earlier, the top of the page on my list is missing one car from each page. Car # 110 also appears to be around VIN # 5569XX, so that is one other possibility. So in conclusion, I'm guessing either 3-10 or # 110. would be my best guess. Sorry but that is the best I can do for you.
The master list I have is NOT from Steve Thorton from Shelbymotorsports, so maybe someone with Thorton's list MIGHT have exact info on your car #. I'm going to PM you another username of someone that has a list, though it sounds like he has the same list I have.
Let us know what car # you have when you find a definitive answer. IIRC, I think the early 87 GLHS cars had the 86 style Hayden radiator fan assembly (with the aluminum spacer) and maybe the 86 style speedo overlay. Possibly even the earlier style windshield decal. I could be mistaken on that though. I'm not quite as well versed on the 2 doors as I am the 4 dr. cars.
Good luck and congrats on the new purchase.
Todd

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the information. It figures that I would buy a car that there is no information on...LOL. I haven't picked up the car yet. It is sitting at my son-in-law's father's house for the next 2 weeks. Everything is there except for the dash plaque and the leather wrap on the steering wheel. The Sun roof even has a good seal around it!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Reactions: gemini9

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
Well John,
I looked through my list. I have probably 98% of the cars listed for the GLHS Charger. Of course wouldn't you know it, but your VIN # is one of the very few I don't have. I think I can narrow it down quite a bit though. The VIN #'s anywhere close to your VIN # 556920 were shipped between 10/15-17/86. It appears your GLHS Charger was one of the earliest ones made. On the list I have, the margins weren't set quite correct for the printer, so the first line of every page is missing one car's info. There is also two blocks of #'s with no shipping info besides the car #. Those blocks are car #'s 0003-0010. These cars appear are very close to your VIN #. Then, the very tail end of the production from car # 964-999 have no info either. I doubt your GLHS is one of these as the VIN #'s are way off around VIN 590XXX-592XXX. That leaves one other possiblity. As I mentioned earlier, the top of the page on my list is missing one car from each page. Car # 110 also appears to be around VIN # 5569XX, so that is one other possibility. So in conclusion, I'm guessing either 3-10 or # 110. would be my best guess. Sorry but that is the best I can do for you.
The master list I have is NOT from Steve Thorton from Shelbymotorsports, so maybe someone with Thorton's list MIGHT have exact info on your car #. I'm going to PM you another username of someone that has a list, though it sounds like he has the same list I have.
Let us know what car # you have when you find a definitive answer. IIRC, I think the early 87 GLHS cars had the 86 style Hayden radiator fan assembly (with the aluminum spacer) and maybe the 86 style speedo overlay. Possibly even the earlier style windshield decal. I could be mistaken on that though. I'm not quite as well versed on the 2 doors as I am the 4 dr. cars.
Good luck and congrats on the new purchase.
Todd
I have a short list that I can look at.

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
On my list, the VIN #'s weren't sequential and didn't increase with invoice number or scheduled ship date.
Basically the VIN #'s are all over the place on the list.
That might not mean anything here but, the closest VIN I found was just one digit over.
I found 556919 with CS# 272 and invoice #02-274 that went to Fitzgerald Dodge, but that's as close as I could get.

Another interesting thing I found is that the CS numbers appear to be sent in groups to different Regions/States of the USA.

263-265 went to CA.
266-273 went to Fitzgerald Dodge (East Coast)
274-277 went to CT.
278-281 went to MA.
282- Not Listed.
283-286 went to Silver City Dodge NM.
287-296 - Not Listed
297-300 went to MA.
301-304 went to WA.
305-308 went to OR.
309-328 went to NY
329+ went to NJ.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Do any of you guys have info. on the 4 drs??

My 1986 # 373, didn't match its VIN I've been told.

The selling dealer was Lynwood Dodge, Lynwood WA.

It came from the original owner located in Pateros WA.

Thanks
Randy

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts

Thanks
Randy
I don't have anything on the 86-1/2 cars.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On my list, the VIN #'s weren't sequential and didn't increase with invoice number or scheduled ship date.
Basically the VIN #'s are all over the place on the list.
That might not mean anything here but, the closest VIN I found was just one digit over.
I found 556919 with CS# 272 and invoice #02-274 that went to Fitzgerald Dodge, but that's as close as I could get.

Another interesting thing I found is that the CS numbers appear to be sent in groups to different Regions/States of the USA.

263-265 went to CA.
266-273 went to Fitzgerald Dodge (East Coast)
274-277 went to CT.
278-281 went to MA.
282- Not Listed.
283-286 went to Silver City Dodge NM.
287-296 - Not Listed
297-300 went to MA.
301-304 went to WA.
305-308 went to OR.
309-328 went to NY
329+ went to NJ.
Thank you for the additional information.

Reactions: GLHS0325

·
Registered
2,742 Posts

Thanks
Randy
Randy, I have info on all the cars. It is just the 87 GLHS list that for whatever reason was incomplete. Might have something to do with surplus cars that initially weren't penciled in going to dealerships. I'll PM or email you info. later on on your GLHS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all, I just picked up an 87 GLHS Charger and of course the dash plaque is gone. VIN #1B3BZ64E7HD556920 Can someone with a master list help me out? John
The vehicle you have was invoiced as #02-111 Sold 10/15/86 to Norwood Dodge, Norwood, MA. Your dash plate number would be CS#110 In the VIN #'s all were referenced by the number before HD and the last 6 digits thus 7 556920 Hope this helps.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The vehicle you have was invoiced as #02-111 Sold 10/15/86 to Norwood Dodge, Norwood, MA. Your dash plate number would be CS#110 In the VIN #'s all were referenced by the number before HD and the last 6 digits thus 7 556920 Hope this helps.
That's awesome, thank you for the information!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Hey Wyghostown, thanks for helping John out! Now he knows for sure. That is imprtant info for him. I knew it was #'s 3-10 or 110. Looks like your list is a bit more complete than mine. My list appears to be missing the top line of each page after the front page. (y)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.