Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to replace the front sway bar bushings my 87 GLHS, but I dont know the sway bar diameter. Looking thorough this forum I have seen post were people say it is 1" and other say its 1 1/8". Does anyone know for sure what size the front sway bar is so I can order the correct size bushings?

TIA

·
Administrator
25,001 Posts
The Chrysler Parts Catalog lists two different sway bar bushings for an 86/87 L-Body.
4322015 Std. Suspension Inside Diameter .750"
4322017 HD, Xtra HD, Firm Feel Suspension .940"
Both numbers cross on Rock Auto.

Chances are you have the HD suspension since this is a GLHS, unfortunately you will have to measure the sway bar to be 100% sure or buy them locally and return the ones not needed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Chrysler Parts Catalog lists two different sway bar bushings for an 86/87 L-Body.
4322015 Std. Suspension Inside Diameter .750"
4322017 HD, Xtra HD, Firm Feel Suspension .940"
Both numbers cross on Rock Auto.

Chances are you have the HD suspension since this is a GLHS, unfortunately you will have to measure the sway bar to be 100% sure or buy them locally and return the ones not needed.

Jan,

Thanks for the reply. I was kind of hoping I was not going to hop under the front end, but it's the best way to know.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
To be absolutely sure, a caliper will tell you the correct size, but the '87 GLHS, and the 1985-87 Shelby Chargers all had the HD suspension pieces as NAJ mentioned.
Also: look at the .940 diameter that NAJ shows for the Extra HD bar bushing.
It's purposely undersized so that when its torqued down between the clamp and K-member, it will bite into the bar and not slip.

Reactions: GLHS0815

·
Administrator
25,001 Posts
So it takes the .940" bushings (see post #2) for the HD/Firm Feel Suspension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts