Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Mopar licensed 1987 GLHS full body decal set and I just noticed the "Intercooled" decal on the bulge is MUCH larger than what was in my kit. Now I did buy the car used and I believe I am the 4th or 5th owner, so I don't know if the current decal on the hood bulge correct? I believe the one on the car is correct making my new one a wrong size for me car. Am I correct in that the larger one is correct for the car?

If the smaller is not correct (which I do not believe it is) does this smaller one go on the Omni GLHS? somewhere? Oh, and I do have two of these decals, one for each side of the bulge.

If they do go to an Omni GLHS, someone with the Omni GLHS hit me on with a message if your interested in buying these two intercooled decals as I will have no use for them.

20210524_131621_resized.jpg

20210524_131646_resized.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
The CS1030 INTERCOOLED decal (before application) dimensions are: 13-7/16" long x 1-5/16" wide.
The actual decal once applied measures: 13" long x 13/16" wide.

Reactions: GLHS0815

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The CS1030 INTERCOOLED decal (before application) dimensions are: 13-7/16" long x 1-5/16" wide.
The actual decal once applied measures: 13" long x 13/16" wide.

Thanks. Your specs matched my hood, but the one they sent me is MUCH smaller.

Thankfully my hood is good right now, so I have time to work with the vendor to sort this one out.

Thanks again sir!

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Thanks. Your specs matched my hood, but the one they sent me is MUCH smaller.

Thankfully my hood is good right now, so I have time to work with the vendor to sort this one out.

Thanks again sir!
This is a picture of 0956 with the original decals.
The one that's already on the hood bulge is correct on your car.
The Shelby factory p/n is CS1030.
The Chrysler p/n for the same decal is 4419965
The one you show that's taped on looks to be p/n 4419968 which is applied to the drivers side quarter panel just below the GLHS decal on the 1986-1/2 GLHS.

Reactions: GLHS0815

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a picture of 0956 with the original decals.
Looks to me like the larger one on your car is identical.
View attachment 275537
I would agree. To me the one they sent menappeara to be the rear hatch for an Omni GLHS. I have sent the manufacturer pictures and dimensions so hopefully they come out with a correct size hood decal for the 87 GLHS.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
I would agree. To me the one they sent menappeara to be the rear hatch for an Omni GLHS. I have sent the manufacturer pictures and dimensions so hopefully they come out with a correct size hood decal for the 87 GLHS.
Actually, the rear passenger side hatch decal looks to be the same dimensions as the 1987 hood decal.
The one you have taped on the hood should be shorter than the sail panel GLHS decal.
It should be the same length as the LHS portion of GLHS.
If it is, then it's made for the 1986-1/2 car and is applied to the drivers side quarter panel right under the GLHS decal.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, the rear passenger side hatch decal looks to be the same dimensions as the 1987 hood decal.
The one you have taped on the hood should be shorter than the sail panel GLHS decal.
It should be the same length as the LHS portion of GLHS.
If it is, then it's made for the 1986-1/2 car and is applied to the drivers side quarter panel right under the GLHS decal.

Decal manufacturer emailed me saying they will be redoing the hood bulge decal to the dimensions given (13 "x 13/16") and sending me out a set.

Will post pictures once they arrive.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Decal manufacturer emailed me saying they will be redoing the hood bulge decal to the dimensions given (13 "x 13/16") and sending me out a set.

Will post pictures once they arrive.
BTW: as that a picture of the original paint and decal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also ordered and received new graphics mine came from Phoenix Graphix and I just double checked for any size issues. My intercooled graphics are the same size as the original and everything else seems to be correct all around. I am the second owner of GLHS CS#514.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also ordered and received new graphics mine came from Phoenix Graphix and I just double checked for any size issues. My intercooled graphics are the same size as the original and everything else seems to be correct all around. I am the second owner of GLHS CS#514.

Good to hear yours were correct. I had a less than stellar experience with PG so I tried someone else. My vendor already mailed me the correct size hood decal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts