Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I'm a new owner of a 1987 Chrysler LeBaron indy 500 pace car convertible that my father bought new in san diego ca. It has been stored for the past 10 years or so and has a little over 80,000 miles on it. Just wanted to say hi, and maybe learn a little about these turbo cars. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Welcome to turbododge!. But one thing im going to have to ask you to post pics lol. If you have any questions all the mods PM boxes are always open.

Brendan

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Thats pretty wicked. You can make these cars stupid fast if your into that sort of thing lol. I thought it would have been 5 speed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments, Is there any numbers on the data plate to document an 1987 pace car?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Thanks for the comments, Is there any numbers on the data plate to document an 1987 pace car?
Im not 100% but I would think not, It left the factory like all the others but went to their facilities for badging instead. I've seen where the local dealer gets the car and installs the badging

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure what a regular badged lebaron cost, I found the sales contract, and this pace car cost $24,206.00. I don't think the Indy pkg was listed on the window sticker, Was this a dealer pkg or a factory pkg? Interesting.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This Lebaron has the vin number ingraved in all the windows, are other 87 Lebarons like this?

·
Registered
930 Posts
There should have been a sticker number in the windshield stating the number of the car 1,2, thru like 20. I've driven fresh brickyard cars like this

thats a nice collection of pace cars are they all yours?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The 69 camaro pace car is a friend. I use to own the 82. It doesn't have a sticker or number but it does have this letter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts