Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Price? Any other details that might help sell the car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All original and maintained for 34 years (purchased 87 model in Aug. of "86)
I am new to this site...here you go....asking $3,300, it has been well maintained and I have been driving it since it was new. Over the years the repairs you would expect have been made, head gasket, clutch, brakes...The car has not been used as a daily driver for 20 years. It is all original including the paint. It is in good condition for its age. It is on the road and I take it to the beach on Sundays. I purchased the car when I was 30 and now being almost 64 and moving soon to Florida time to let my baby go.....
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Wassily, Welcome to the forum. Good for you to keep the car that long. Not many of us here that are original owners of TD's. First off I think the car seems priced about right. Almost anyone that might be interested in the car is going to want to see a bunch more photos of the car, as most would be taking a road trip to purchase the car. Many sellers provide a link to view additional photos (on like photobucket, etc.) others just attach more photos. Both ways work.
I would suggest taking photos of all the good points on the car, as well as the cars bad areas. Warts and all. Areas of concern on L-bodies are bottom of doors (seams), floorboard and floorpan rust, A- pillar and drip rail corrosion, wheelwell rust, rotted out seam sealer in cowl area floods floorpan under carpet. Water can't get out and floorpans rust out. Condition of rubber like sunroof seal, window sweeps on outside?
Maybe provide some more info on condition and age of tires, interior, mileage of vehicle, glass condition, rust areas, (or lack of rust), headliner condition, CV axles condition, is it road worthy to drive or should it be trailered, etc. Like I said I think your price point is pretty fair, so most people won't expect showroom condition vehicle for $3300. Don't be afraid to list good and bad points about the car. A honest description is what people are after so they can make a decision on whether they're interested or not.
GLWS<
Todd

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I am new to this site...here you go....asking $3,300, it has been well maintained and I have been driving it since it was new. Over the years the repairs you would expect have been made, head gasket, clutch, brakes...The car has not been used as a daily driver for 20 years. It is all original including the paint. It is in good condition for its age. It is on the road and I take it to the beach on Sundays. I purchased the car when I was 30 and now being almost 64 and moving soon to Florida time to let my baby go.....
Hope this helps
Welcome to the club Wassily.
Your story sounds exactly like mine.
Bought an 87 SC in black in Sept. 86 at age 29.

Wish I could purchase that one.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Wassily, Welcome to the forum. Good for you to keep the car that long. Not many of us here that are original owners of TD's. First off I think the car seems priced about right. Almost anyone that might be interested in the car is going to want to see a bunch more photos of the car, as most would be taking a road trip to purchase the car. Many sellers provide a link to view additional photos (on like photobucket, etc.) others just attach more photos. Both ways work.
I would suggest taking photos of all the good points on the car, as well as the cars bad areas. Warts and all. Areas of concern on L-bodies are bottom of doors (seams), floorboard and floorpan rust, A- pillar and drip rail corrosion, wheelwell rust, rotted out seam sealer in cowl area floods floorpan under carpet. Water can't get out and floorpans rust out. Condition of rubber like sunroof seal, window sweeps on outside?
Maybe provide some more info on condition and age of tires, interior, mileage of vehicle, glass condition, rust areas, (or lack of rust), headliner condition, CV axles condition, is it road worthy to drive or should it be trailered, etc. Like I said I think your point is pretty fair, so most people won't expect showroom condition vehicle for $3300. Don't be afraid to list good and bad points about the car. A honest description is what people are after so they can make a decision on whether they're interested or not.
GLWS<
Todd
I definitely agree with Todd.
Any and all pictures would help quicken the sale, as well as mention of any problem areas.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ditto. Very interested but would need to see a lot more photos. Do you have service records? Even it the work was done by yourself it is nice to see what parts were purchased and from where? Has the trans been rebuilt? Best of Luck with the sale!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts