Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Category: Domestic

I have a 1987 Shelby GLHS for sale, in USA - Illinois.

Mileage: 42000 miles
Engine Size: 2.2 Turbo

Asking price is $4800

Description: I have a 1987 Shelby GLHS #369 CLEAN TITLE. Car is SOLID - rust free, only 1 small door ding, all Shelby parts are on the car and in great shape including the Koni shocks. Car has a build 88 IC turbo engine with less than 100 miles on it - new rebuild trans A555 trans with less than 25 miles on it.
88 block bored .020 over with t2 forged crank and rods.
Vienolia Pistons
ARP rod bolts as well as main and head studs
Crank Scraper
New oil pump
Remanufactured head
New exhaust manifold
t3/t4 Super 46 Turbo from FWD Performance (has a little play in it)
3" downpipes that dumps behind the front drivers side tire
+40 injectors
Stage 5 calibrated computer
FMIC w/3" piping into intake
K&N filter
braided oil and coolant lines
MSD 6A and Blaster 3 coil
New alternator
New Power Steering pump
Turbo XS BOV
Rebuild A555 trans with OBX LSD
New t2/t3 clutch and pressure plate by Gary Donovan
All new poly bushings
255 Fuel pump
Auto Meter Boost, Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure and EGT gauges
Brembo Rotors

Buyer have have the stock bottom end and trans if wanted. I believe the stock IC in the trunk as well

ALL SHELBY PARTS ARE THERE
Shelby Valve cover
Rims
Koni shocks
Shift knob
Steering wheel
Dash Badge
Shelby distributed Shelby Decals (bought from Shelby)

The not perfect:
Car has been sitting for some time so the tires aren't holding air like they use to - two tires on the front are almost brand new. The paint has faded over time and needs to be redone to look brand new (the decals have already been purchased and come with the car). Interior needs to be cleaned but no rips, tears or worn out seats all CS seats. Headliner is starting to bubble and hang down but sunroof DOES NOT leak. Car starts and drives but its pretty loud due to the exhaust so recommend trailer for pick up.

This is a VERY nice car and with a little TLC this could be a sweet car to cruise around. The original seller had started building this car to be a track car but ended up getting a Shelby Mustang and lost interest in the GLHS. I bought it a few years ago and besides changing the trans and cleaning the wiring up its just sat in storage. I have since moved to Chicago for work and in no way would I want this car with me in the city for people to bump into or steal.
I have tons of pics and can send more once i go back for the holidays. Please feel free to shoot me an email or text.

[email protected] or 815-980-8188

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you still have the original motor and tranny or the broken pieces of them?
The motor and tranny aren't broken- they were just removed for the fresh built motor to be put in. Original motor and tranny go with the car if buyer wants them.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car is still for sale - TONS of extra parts. Do have an exhaust and cat that will come with the car. Have and extra matching rim so you can have a full size spare. Extra seat covers and center counsel pieces.

Have all the paper work for parts on the car as well as BRAND new headlight covers from back in the day the GTO manufacture not the knock offs.

Car starts, drives but isn't street legal since the exhaust dumps (its pretty loud for a street car).

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still available - someone has to want a rust free GLHS with all the work done. Comes with receipts, extra parts and factory motor.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm kinda shocked this car hasn't sold yet. You would think being a numbered Shelby car in good shape with extras there would be a lot of interest.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm kinda shocked this car hasn't sold yet. You would think being a numbered Shelby car in good shape with extras there would be a lot of interest.
There has been some interest and some lowballers (like the guy that said he'd be interested in trading his Daytona if I paid and had it painted - even though he was asking the same amount for his car as I am for the GLHS). I figured there would be someone interested in a rust free, built GLHS that comes with everything Shelby including original motor.

·
Banned
866 Posts
There has been some interest and some lowballers (like the guy that said he'd be interested in trading his Daytona if I paid and had it painted - even though he was asking the same amount for his car as I am for the GLHS)? I figured there would be someone interested in a rust free, built GLHS that comes with everything Shelby including original motor.

Cars been upgraded not restored. :shrug:
Ok this may be the reason for lowballing on YOUR price for your GLHS! :confused:

Say try listing it on (eBay?) for at least amount you'll take and put it as starting price > bid for the GLHS with bill of sale only pick up only for a month! :dancing:

eBay You can also list GLHS for what you need with shipping included in the price with registering the title transferred and all the papers with it, as your buy it now option.:fingersx:

1987 Shelby Charger #GLHS car Delivered to the front door? :thumb: $X,XXX.XX

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cars been upgraded not restored. :shrug:
Ok this may be the reason for lowballing on YOUR price for your GLHS! :confused:

Say try listing it on (eBay?) for at least amount you'll take and put it as starting price > bid for the GLHS with bill of sale only pick up only for a month! :dancing:

eBay You can also list GLHS for what you need with shipping included in the price with registering the title transferred and all the papers with it, as your buy it now option.:fingersx:

1987 Shelby Charger #GLHS car Delivered to the front door? :thumb: $X,XXX.XX
Thanks for your opinion - zero interest in dealing with shipping the car though. The car will sell or it'll stay in storage - it's not a big deal. Figured I'd offer it to other enthusiasts. The lowballing doesn't matter to me - it's part of selling/buying cars. People want to spend as little as possible

·
Banned
7,664 Posts
That was a bargain! A total bargain. I agree with some of the previous comments. The cars that sell for the high prices are un-mofified low mileage cars. Even the daily drivers in good condition, un-modified though still bring in more coin. When you start 'improving' them and upgrading them their value goes down. It's worth more to return them to factory and then sell off the upgrades. Hard to balance time and effort though, so it is what it is and its worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I personally hate to see valuable cars go for so little though for selfish reasons...I want to see my values going up! I know I wouldn't sell any of my numbered cars for that price...but they are not modified, they are all mostly original...or at least 'stock appearing'.

Good sale and congratulations.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tella, Is the car leaving Illinois? Did SOL22 get with you to take note of it's history?
The car is going down to FL - haven't heard from anyone but I'm sure the new owner wouldn't have any issue getting the history to SOL22

Sad to see it go but I'm really glad it's going to be appreciated for what it is and back out on the streets.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts