Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My father has fallen ill and its time to give his Shelby a new home. I'll be working on getting it sold over the next few weeks and figured this would be a good place to start.

He bought it new and keep it in the garage 99% of its life. Its 100% complete and runs well. the interior is mint except for the fallen headliner. The a/c is inop and not sure why.

This car is a 5 speed manual with 62,125 miles. It's sporting brand new toyo proxies. Perfect sheet metal zero rust. Very nice car.

Call // Text Jim for info 7o453o291o I'm happy to text pics

I've been looking at these cars online trying to figure out an asking price and none of the cars I've seen even come close to the condition of this car.

The car is located in Tallahassee Florida. I live in Charlotte NC, we can move the car around some for a buyer.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More photos. No crashes, no paintwork, just sweet original goodness

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And some more

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Under car

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
What a superb example! I commend your father, and wish him well! I have owned a number of FWD turbo cars, but the Lancer has always been my favorite! The Shelby version IMO is the best euro sport design of the era!
I would price it in the $5k-$7k range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry i was unable to follow up on this post. My father has passed and we were very busy with that. The car is still available. This is a great Shelby, and we are motivated to get it to a new home.

$10,000

The car is now located in Denver, North Carolina 28037 about 30 min north of Charlotte.

call / text / PM

Jim 704 530 2910

This sale is hard enough for me as it is, so please no lowball offers

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice looking Shelby Lancer. Sorry to hear that the original owner died. IMO the car is overpriced. For Comparison I have purchased two 1989 Shelby CSX VNT cars for $10,000 each. One with 650 miles and one with 237 miles. I suspect that the car will need new hoses and belts as the age takes its toll on rubber, even if garaged. For $10,000 I would expect the car to have a headliner and be completely serviced, ready to drive across the country. It seems like you are not in a hurry to sell it, so hopefully you can enjoy it until the individual that will offer you the most learns about the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice looking Shelby Lancer. Sorry to hear that the original owner died. IMO the car is overpriced. For Comparison I have purchased two 1989 Shelby CSX VNT cars for $10,000 each. One with 650 miles and one with 237 miles. I suspect that the car will need new hoses and belts as the age takes its toll on rubber, even if garaged. For $10,000 I would expect the car to have a headliner and be completely serviced, ready to drive across the country. It seems like you are not in a hurry to sell it, so hopefully you can enjoy it until the individual that will offer you the most learns about the car.
If I have a buyer I can fix the headliner and put new belts and hoses on it. Minor stuff for someone with know how.

Are you interested or just chatting?

The car is taking up room at my shop and I really want it to goto a good home where someone can enjoy it as much as my father did....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts