Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
’87 Lebaron, T-I/auto, loaded, black, charcoal leather interior, 158k miles, bone stock, extremely clean, great paint.

Body: rust free, extremely straight, paint looks great. Rear bumper was replaced due to minor fender bender, so the bumper cover paint does not match perfectly, minor touch up done on front bumper, but looks great overall. Underside is extremely clean, no rust found underneath at all. Windshield does have a crack in it on the passenger side and a chip on the drivers side.

Interior: Charcoal leather, power everything, cruise control, digital dash, digital climate control, drivers seat has typical tear on bolster. Overall, interior is still quite nice

Suspension/Wheels: Just installed new control arm and sway bar bushings, KYB struts and strut mounts with stock springs. Steering rack is the firm feel rack from an ’87 Shelby Z with the appropriate bumpstops for the 225's on the car. It was aligned two weeks ago. Rear shocks are not brand new, but recent (within last year or so). Rides on 6.5” crab wheels that are in great shape with Toyo Proxes 225/50/15’s. Tires have 10k on them at the absolute most. New front brake pads.

Drivetrain: Nothing special…stock T-I. Fresh tune up, new timing belt, replaced rubber fuel lines under the hood, new belts. Runs well, but does have a slight oil leak from the front main seal. It’s not bad (I’ve been daily driving it this way), but it is there. Trans seems to be in good shape….shifts nicely, fluid looks good.

Overall, it’s a very nice car that runs well and drives beautifully. With the suspension work done, it drives like a much newer car than it is. I’m selling it as part of my clear out so I can buy a truck. It’s definitely one of the nicer TD’s I’ve had over the years, I just want to get a truck. I’d like to see $2000 for the car.

I also have a bunch of other parts that I’d sell with the car if someone wanted to convert it to T-II, such as complete 1 pc intake assembly, T-II exhaust manifold, Daytona rad/IC set up/air box and hoses, etc.

Car is located in Rockville, MD, which is just north of Washington, DC. PM or email questions. [email protected]. I'll try to post more pictures tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
u sure your car is an 87 it looks more like a 90+ model.
i got an 88 and it is no where near similar to mine.

im 95% positive that any lebarons made b4 90 were all 4 door.
they had 85 - 89 lebarons and lancers then they discontinued the lancer and went for the 2door granny body style like you've got.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
No that is an 87.The j-bodies (2 dr coupe/convertible) started in 87. The only thing differnt from an 88 or 89 would be the log style intake.The reason it doesn't look like yours is because yours is a GTS (4 dr).I take offence to your"granny body style" comment lol. Really clean looking car.Good luck with the sale :thumb: Any underhood or interior pics?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It's an 87, the coupes in this body style (J-body) were made 87-95.

I've seen this car in person and it is SUPER clean, the pictures don't do it justice.

u sure your car is an 87 it looks more like a 90+ model.
i got an 88 and it is no where near similar to mine.

im 95% positive that any lebarons made b4 90 were all 4 door.
they had 85 - 89 lebarons and lancers then they discontinued the lancer and went for the 2door granny body style like you've got.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are a couple. Underhood is undetailed (obviously), but fairly clean for a 21 year old car. Interior has been cleaned quite a bit since these pictures were taken.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
That's hella nice. I had an identically optioned model but was white with red leather interior. I wouldn't mind having one again either. Wish I had $2000. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's a beautiful car. Just wondering how negotiable the price is. I'd love to have it to take to and from work, but it's got kind of high mileage. Definitely well taken care of, though.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shoot me an offer and we can talk. PM or email at [email protected].

Mileage is on the high side, but the overall condition alone makes the car unusual compared to most. It runs nicely. I just yesterday took it on a 120 mile round trip, did 27 mpg on the highway at 75-80 mph.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Pat, she's a beaut. Makes a guy half way across the country start thinking about some time off work for a road trip ... and a t3 swap. (engine and trans ready to go in :)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pat, she's a beaut. Makes a guy half way across the country start thinking about some time off work for a road trip ... and a t3 swap. (engine and trans ready to go in :)
I kicked around a motor swap idea for this one because it's so nice also. I have a ton of T-III stuff but I also have everything to build a nice 2.4 turbo. It's just that I have too many projects already that I'm too attached to to get rid of and I need to get a truck.

If you're really interested, I may have a 5 speed pedal assembly, clutch cable bracket, etc if you wanted to do the conversion.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's a beautiful car. Just wondering how negotiable the price is. I'd love to have it to take to and from work, but it's got kind of high mileage. Definitely well taken care of, though.
Pat,
Send me an e-mail with all info you can give me about your car. The above quoted post is from my son. He drives every day to and from work for a total round trip of over 100 miles. My e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks,
Frank H.
87 CSX 452
Under Construction
Member - DV-SDAC

1 - 20 of 25 Posts