Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have a 1988 Daytona Shelby Z that was purchased in January from Jim (layapatch).

The car has 177k miles on the clock, and has fresh gaskets, as of purchase in January. The turbo has zero shaft play, and spools to 15 lbs.

I've done the following:

Reworked vac lines
g-valve
Turbo XS RFL blow off valve
Routine oil changes at 3k miles with synthetic oil

I'm in the process of replacing the starter, otherwise the car runs flawlessly.

The only negative are the torn cv boots. Two on the drivers side, and the inner on the passenger side. The passenger side window track is busted, thus the window won't electrically go up, and it sometimes falls down, and rests two inches from the top. Easy fix if you can find the plastic track that runs through the motor to push the window up.

Otherwise, there are no problems with the car.

Pics:

I will snap some engine bay, and interior pics.

Price: $1800 or best offer

Any other questions, just ask.

·
Registered
97 Posts
hey you live by my buddy rick. hes like right next door to you. sorry if that sounds kinda stalker haha. you might have seen my voyager a couple of times.. but ya nice car i like the omni too haha im interested in the car it looks to be in great shape

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car is still for sale. New starter solenoid installed.

A few other problems have come about. I have an oil leak, from a line, I assume it's the oil feed to the turbo, but haven't had time to look closely.

Look, the car runs, and drives, however, there are some problems. I'm not going to lie.

I want it gone NOW. I want $1100 for it, and that's it.

Serious inquiries only, I don't want you to come look at it and be surprised. If you come and look, I expect you to buy.

Someone take this car from me please.

Give me a call, I'll be around this weekend. 763.245.8243

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
been seeing this "BUMP" all over the forum call me a noob but the the hell is that and what does it mean???
Bringing my post to the top. Sorry I haven't gotten you interior pics. Car is parked roughly 15 minutes from my house, and I was busy all weekend. I'm going to make an attempt at un burying it from the snow tomorrow, and see if I can get some pics. Digi cam is down at the moment.

·
Registered
728 Posts
been seeing this "BUMP" all over the forum call me a noob but the the hell is that and what does it mean???
It moves the listing back to the top of the thread. Took me a while, I think I had to ask too. lol

Later...

·
Registered
467 Posts
My boss wants me to start running around town for stuff. I definately don't want to put those miles on my truck, and my Daytona is on a rotisserie!
I may be interested in this car pending interior pictures, and finances.

Where-about is the car?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My boss wants me to start running around town for stuff. I definately don't want to put those miles on my truck, and my Daytona is on a rotisserie!
I may be interested in this car pending interior pictures, and finances.

Where-about is the car?
lol, you think this car is any better? It's got either a cracked piston, or a busted piston ring. However, I drove it today around the parking lot at work, it runs and drives, but runs and drives rough.

Interior looks like a normal Shelby Z interior. It's gray, it's in good shape. The engine is full of more oil than you'll ever see, but would clean up well.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
It should be also mentioned that this car has a bad ass brake setup with cross drilled rotors on all 4 corners.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts