Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Cool ride! I have a white 88 LeBaron Convert. I'm glad to see you have TII car!

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts
digging that leather interior, and the pumpers are Sweet !

( shhh don't tell, but I am running some muffler pipe = IC tubing too )

PS a t-top lebaron coupe would be PIMP

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Made a type I have corrected it

·
Mr. Moderator
8,906 Posts
Looks awesome! I want a t2 lebaron badly. gonna find me one =)

·
Mr. Moderator
8,906 Posts
by the way, What gauge pod did you use? seems to work well

·
Registered
190 Posts
there was one exactly like that with a perfect interior (besides where someone pried the traveller out), perfect body, perfect everything. The engine looked spotless and it showed 40k on the odometer.

I considered getting the engine and all out of it till I saw the sticker on the windshield.

C4C.

I nearly cried. Good to see some out there still getting some love though...lol

·
Mr. Moderator
8,906 Posts
turbo lebaron verts didnt qualify for c4c... only masi's...

·
Registered
190 Posts
turbo lebaron verts didnt qualify for c4c... only masi's...
welp...it was in there bigger than $%^ lol

I even pulled the oil filter off, and nothing came out...but, still not convinced, I put a ratchet on it...and she was siezed up. Had the tag on the window and had the tag hanging on the dip stick as well saying it was treated with sodium...

There was even another one that came into that yard that was the same deal. That one was no big loss though. The interior reaked, and foam grew out of every seat crack, and it looked like someone parked it at the end of a driving range...lol

So...they must qualify.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,906 Posts
Well then that was completely wrong.
I have a Family salvage yard. If turbo lebaron convertibles were part of the C4C I would have TONS of them in the yard forsure!
Pretty sure there were only a couple turbo cars that qualified and the masi was one of them. But lebarons were not part as There gas mileage wasnt low enuff I believe. I will double check the list *yes I got the list* but I am almost positive they didnt qualify. Not even the v6 cars!
Q

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well then that was completely wrong.
I have a Family salvage yard. If turbo lebaron convertibles were part of the C4C I would have TONS of them in the yard forsure!
Pretty sure there were only a couple turbo cars that qualified and the masi was one of them. But lebarons were not part as There gas mileage wasnt low enuff I believe. I will double check the list *yes I got the list* but I am almost positive they didnt qualify. Not even the v6 cars!
Q
There was a lot of shady stuff going on with that as well though...so...coulda been something to do with that.

and...it was sad...as was the 98 Ram SS/T that was nicer than mine, and the turbo minivan.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Very nice.

Got a list of mods? Plus what else do you plan to do?

Nice! Looks a lot like mine. Is yours a 5spd or auto?
Good question. I'm assuming this is a TII conversion since it's a 2.5L. I'd be curious to know which trans you're running.

BTW, where's your picture thread. I always love to see another GTC.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice.

Good question. I'm assuming this is a TII conversion since it's a 2.5L. I'd be curious to know which trans you're running.

The motor is a turbo one, the turbo from the TII was put on. The car is a five speed from a Daytona Turbo, not sure which transmission this is, how does one tell by looking at it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very nice.

Sure, I'll make one. :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
List of mods:

2.5 inch exhaust
Boost controller set at 13 psi, i could changed that and run higher.
5th injector for boost higher than 15 psi
BOV
2.5L TI out of a caravan
Kept the larger Garret from the car
Kept the original t2 intercooler
swaped out auto for standard.

and that was how I bought it.

My ideas for it,

actual TII motor, MORE BOOST,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts