Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I buy new head gasket and head bolts for 1989 CSX Shelby, 2.2L? I am assuming I have the cross drilled block.
Prefer Mopar Performance. Do not want Fel Pro brand.
Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran 26psi on Fel Pro headgasket.
There is some bad talk here regarding Fel Pro head gaskets, thought I would heed the warning. If I go with Fel Pro, RockAuto has them and head bolts as a kit.
If I want Mopar Performance, where can I purchase, does the dealer still sell them?

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
There is some bad talk here regarding Fel Pro head gaskets, thought I would heed the warning. If I go with Fel Pro, RockAuto has them and head bolts as a kit.
If I want Mopar Performance, where can I purchase, does the dealer still sell them?
Bad talk was on a old FelPro gasket, new model has been fine for many years now. Lot of folks run these over 20PSI as Harry mentions.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Mopar Performance is either not in stock or NS1 never to stock again. Regular Mopar headgasket 52810645AB is the same thing as P4452005 headgasket. MP P4452006 is the crossdrilled headgasket. You can use 52810645AB on either crossdrilled or non-cross drilled blocks. In fact many of us prefer using the 2005 headgasket on crossdrilled blocks/heads. They retail for around $56. Hopefully, you should be able to get for net around $43 plus tax. Someone on Ebay was selling NOS Mopar headbolts. These come without washers, so if you need them, you need to order those too. You must use washers.
If you really need to use the 2006 gasket, PM me. I have a couple I believe, but I warn you, I won't be giving them away.
ARP head studs, ARP head bolts offer better clamping force than the Mopar headbolts. You must either tap the block with a bottoming tap or use two headbolt washers if using the ARP head BOLTS. For some reason they made the ARP headbolts almost 1/4" longer than OEM bolt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read a good description of the head gaskets titled: SOHC Head Gasket Questions and Availability. The 2nd post referred to the Fel Pro.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Mopar P4452006AB gaskets are still available from Chrysler.
Thanks, I see them for $75.00

I also searched the head bolts and found a cross reference number 6504060 (for a Jeep) , 11mm and the correct length. They come is sets of 8, so would have to by 2.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts