Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I’ve just picked up my new project car. The car has been sitting in temperature control garage but has not been started for a decade or so.

The fuel tank is full and looking for a smart way to flush it out.

I’m just about to remove the spark plugs to see if the last owner added oil to the cylinders.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I’ve added transmission fluid to the cylinders and the pistons aren’t seized.

Where is the best location to jack up the front of the car? I don’t want to damage the frame rails.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I toss my jack on the front motor mount or the K frame. I avoid using the unibody rails.
the rear I lift one side at a time, around spring pads. I avoid lifting the entire rear end by the middle.
I use a large floor jack like a 3 ton.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If the gas weren't so old jumping the ASD relay isnt a bad idea. but 10 year old gas is going to be gel, it will gum up the pickup in the tank. I really hope its not 10 year old gas.

I bought a 1974 volvo a last year. tags were from 2011, full tank of gas, long story short I drained the gas, lost track of the container of bad gas and ended up added it into my 1989 shadow at one point. car had major fuel issues until I removed the pump and changed the pickup sock on the pump.

heres a picture of the pickup after bad gas https://imgur.com/a/wFQIRY4

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has anyone tried the complete rock auto gas tank kit from spectra on a csx. Does the fuel pump have enough pressure for the VNT at full boost

·
Registered
69 Posts
inspect what you've got first, Id keep the original parts, why not drop the tank? its not too hard. its coming out anyway right/

drain the tank, put a small jack under the tank, disconnect the lines and electrical leads, take the 4 phillips screws out from around the gas filler tube, remove the 2 fasteners on the gas tank straps, after it drops down somewhat you rotate the filler tube and pull it out. tank should just drop at this point.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts