Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all I am feeling hopeless right now.

My mechanic gave me a list of parts that he needs me to source. I am quite the noob at this and also the car is a few hundred miles a way with him right now. Can you please help me to source these parts:

• Brake discs and pads for front and rear
  • Brake hose for front and rear.
  • Brake calipers rear left and right
  • Cables (handbrake cables) rear left and right.
  • Large inspection package with all filters
  • Timing belt set

I saw the offerings on ebay but there are so many different makes. Does it make a difference which I pick? Also it would make a lot of sense to buy as much as possible from local sources in Germany. Parts that are the same on the Daytona (which is very rare) but used in other cars that are more frequent. I can not get anything "as a Daytona" part put there are lot of offerings for other 4 cyl. Chryler Plattform cars of the time as a lot of them were sold in Germany compared to the Daytona.

Thanks alot and stay healthy.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hello..

For brakes, you will need to know what size and style of rotor you have. As it's a turbo 2 car, it should have 11" front discs and 11" rear vented discs. Double check with your mechanic on the size and style. The rotors should be the same from 89-93 front and rear. Front pads should be 89-90 as Chrysler changed the caliper design in 91. Rear pads should also be 89-93 as I don't recall a change there.

Brake hoses on the front will not not matter, they are the same for either brake setup. The rear hoses will be the same regardless of disc size as there were 2 sizes offered. Also, there are 2 more hoses in the back by where the rear suspension pivots on the chassis, so there are 4 hoses back there.

Oil filters are the same for all 2.2 and 2.5 sohc engines from as early as 85, up to 90. Air filter should be from 87-89 for turbo 2 cars. Fuel filter, as early as 85 up to 90 on all cars regardless of turbo or not. Timing belt can be from any 2.2 or 2.5 from 89 to 95.

The front rotors can be sourced from either a Daytona, LeBaron, or a Spirit. Front pads from a Daytona or a LeBaron. Rear pads and rotors from a Daytona, LeBaron, or a Spirit. Brake hoses can be had from those same models as well but also from a Shadow as some of them came with rear disc brakes.

I hope this helps you. Also peruse Facebook, there are a few pages on there that see more traffic and you may find more help there too..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: websnail

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Also, websnail do you have Rockauto in Germany??

Their online catalog has good illustrations and alternate part numbers.

They also list other models that use the same part.

Confirm your findings with Scotty above.

Best of luck!!

Thanks
Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts