Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 LeBaron GTC TII convertible that I have to sell. I'm the second owner of this car and the only engine modification I have made is adding a BOV, and I still have the original upper IC hose if you want to go back to stock.This car was just to nice to modify, unlike other TDs I've owned. The car currently has 114k miles and I average 29-31 mpg driving it work every day. I had the car painted 3 years ago because every time I washed it more clear coat came off. Had it painted PX8 black since I don't really care much for the pewter pearl coat that it was originally. The paint guy did an awesome job, removing things like tail and marker lights instead of masking them, painted the door jambs and underside of the trunk lid. Also had a new convertible top (glass window with defroster!) put on around the same time.

Brakes: new rotors (vented rears), new front brake hoses

New Bosch fuel pump installed last summer

New dist. cap and wires, plugs are autolite 63s (cooler)

Clutch and turbo were replaced about 4 years ago

Timing belt and water pump replaced about 20k miles ago

Always used Mobil1 15W50

Heater works great and AC works OK (below 95 degrees). System was converted to R134.

12 button navigator that actually works, I soldered in new switches last year.

The driver's side rear window has to be raised and lowered manually and there is a small oil leak from the front main seal probably from sitting in the garage for almost 4 months last year.

This car has never let me down, very dependable transportation, even when the fuel pump died I just beat on the bottom of the gas tank and 15 minutes later I drove it 85 miles to get home.

I think $2000 is a fair price since I almost have that much in the paint and new top, and how common is a tuboII LeBaron convertible?

Any questions or for more pics, email me [email protected]

Attachments

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Where in AZ are you??? That is a sweet car. If you are close to pheonix I may have someone look at it for me. That is an awesome car. And a great price.

·
Registered
287 Posts
How much would it cost to have the car shipped to Massachusetts, I wonder? Probably too much, otherwise I'd most likely buy this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm right outside of Sierra Vista, it's about 70 miles southeast of Tucson.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know what it would cost to ship to mass. But you could always drive it there.:thumb:

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
damn... IF you hold onto it for a bit I may come and buy it. My grandpas got a condo in Scottsdale =)

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Guys if you are serious, call a shipping company it is like $500 to ship it to your door.

Nice car, but I am partial to the barons. ;)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I think $2000 is a fair price since I almost have that much in the paint and new top, and how common is a tuboII LeBaron convertible?
I would if I had the money or the room. It's a good car. The only think I don't like is the interior color. As for rarity there were 906 LeBaron TII convertibles in 1989. Like crazymadbastard said, shipping companies aren't very expensive.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I want it bad. I just put a tranny in my TII convert and saw how rust has taken it's toll on a car I love. Like I told my Wife the other day, "If I weren't married, I'd buy that car" LOL She get's the next vehicle and doesn't like converts. Or any car for that matter. Now I have to keep looking for that rust free 2dr "non-removable" HT Geo Tracker for her. (Another rare vehicle):bang head
I even told her we could go visit her Mom and Sister in Phoenix, AZ. and drive home. She didn't go for that.:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks crazymadbastard and polygon for the compliments and helping to try and persuade these guys to buy the car and have it shipped!:D

·
Banned
313 Posts
I want it bad. I just put a tranny in my TII convert and saw how rust has taken it's toll on a car I love. Like I told my Wife the other day, "If I weren't married, I'd buy that car" LOL She get's the next vehicle and doesn't like converts. Or any car for that matter. Now I have to keep looking for that rust free 2dr "non-removable" HT Geo Tracker for her. (Another rare vehicle):bang head
I even told her we could go visit her Mom and Sister in Phoenix, AZ. and drive home. She didn't go for that.:D
This is your life - :drinking::thumb: :D

This is your life with a wife - :):bash::bang head:eek: LOL

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
This is your life -

This is your life with a wife - LOL
LOL. It's not that bad. Since I have 2 87 Shelby GLHS's and a GTC convert TII and a '68 AMX and drive her 94 Sundance most of the time, I guess it's only fair that we replace her highly ROTTED out 1991 Geo Tracker. The one with the loud exhaust and no tape or CD player in it. Although, I'm still trying to figure out how to do it. :D I've been whining about the rusted floor on my GTC and saying how I wish MN didnt cars so fast. But, I don't think it'll ever happen even though I can aff:thumb:eek:rd it at the moment. That's a rare thing.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Not sure how I did it, but I double posted so this is an edit.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
My gf will drive in w/e I buy. I am currently looking for a daytona for her. Shes loves my laser and like riding in my muscle cars. So I guess I found myself a keeper. I would love to have this car. Just gotta sell my gtc vert first. If its still available this summer consider her sold

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
C'mon, somebody in the TD community must want to buy my car! One of my buddies at work wants to buy it for his 17 year old kid- get this, he has already wrecked 2 cars and hasn't been driving for a year yet. I had to explain to him that giving your stupid kid this car would be like handing a chimpanzee a loaded machine gun. I would give it a week or so till I would see it in the junkyard down the road from me :eek:. Anyway, I needed to bump this back to front of the list.:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
That car and price look great! I have owned several TD and just moved to Tucson from COlumbus, OH. I have a car for sale in Coumbus, and whenever it sells I want your car bad. I have been watching this ad for a while. So just keep your fingers crossed I can sell my saab in columbus (my family is showing it to someone this weekend). Take care!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Columbus? My aunt and uncle just moved out of that town recently. I hear the job situation there sucks. I work with a few guys from Ohio and Michigan who couldn't deal with the constant lay-offs and plant closures anymore, so they moved out here. Hell, I had to move out here from PA because everything was closing and moving to Mexico. The only jobs that are left don't pay s**t. So, welcome to the desert, can't complain about the weather compared to back east.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Bump for a nice car!

I would have thought someone would have bought it already. It probably would be cheaper to fly out there and drive it home than to ship it.

If I already didn't have a nice convertible I would be all over this car!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts