Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 Dodge Omni that is fuel injected and I'm looking to do a motor swap to carbureted with a b&m supercharger I'm wondering if anyone out there has done a similar set up and what all I would need to do to make the setup work without all the electronics

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a 1989 Dodge Omni that is fuel injected and I'm looking to do a motor swap to carbureted with a b&m supercharger I'm wondering if anyone out there has done a similar set up and what all I would need to do to make the setup work without all the electronics
Hey dude, I don't know if you'll ever see this or not but I got an 86 Horizon that got converted to fuel injection from a carb and it gets way better fuel economy and lower emissions with FI. Personally I would leave it Fuel injected if you want better fuel economy and lower pollution. Not to mention that my car runs way better with FI, are you planning on turning it into a GLH?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey dude, I don't know if you'll ever see this or not but I got an 86 Horizon that got converted to fuel injection from a carb and it gets way better fuel economy and lower emissions with FI. Personally I would leave it Fuel injected if you want better fuel economy and lower pollution. Not to mention that my car runs way better with FI, are you planning on turning it into a GLH?
What can I do to put the supercharger on it and leave it feel injected

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,103 Posts
You will have to cut the hood pretty much no matter what, but you could put the throttle body on top of the supercharger and increase fuel pressure. You're already flirting with disaster putting the SC on a motor that wasn't built for boost, though. I don't know of anyone that has tried to run TBI on the supercharger. Sounds like something silly I would try.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve decided to go with carbureted with the motor and putting it on his board 30 over eagle crank the garage G pistons have your valve springs in a bigger cam

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,103 Posts
Do you have a part number? I believe there were multiple purples for 2.2. Be sure to run an oil with plenty of zinc, or the cam will wear out pretty quick.

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,103 Posts
If it has purple paint on it it's most likely a mopar performance cam. There's only one way to know what it is though. You'd have to set it up in a set of bench centers or in a lathe and check it using a dial indicator.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts