Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My brother has finally decided to sell his Daytona Shelby. It is a Blue and silver T-top 5-speed car loaded with EVERY option that I have ever seen, leather, T-tops, louvers, all power, rear window louvers, and even traveler. It has a charcoal grey leather interior. It is a Florida car, and has NEVER seen salt or ANY winters. It was only driven as a summer car up here where we live now in New York. The car has had SO many new parts. Let me start off by saying it has absolutely NO rust underneath or anywhere on the car. When we bought the car a few years ago, the engine needed a rebuild because a piston had cracked. The engine was professionally rebuilt. The rebuild consisted of the block being pressure tested for cracks, all new core plugs, new intermediate shaft and bearings, new oil pump. The crank was checked and polished, milling needed, just polishing as it was not scored or anything. The connecting rods were checked for cracks and new pistons, rings, wrist pins, etc installed along with all new bearings. The top end was completely rebuilt, with new valve guides, new valves, keepers, valve stem seals, etc. It was completely pressure checked and checked for flatness. Basically every single wear component in the engine was replaced, and then some (such as new water pump, new distributor, etc). The parts are all mopar parts, except the bearings which are clevite 77 and the pistons and rings are from FWD performance. The transmission in the car had just been replaced when we bought it with a 1991 A555, stronger I guess, and a new centerforce clutch put in. After break in period, we have used only Mobil 1 synthetics throught the car, 15W-50 oil with mobil 1 filter, 5w-30 in transmission, the motor only has 3,436 miles on it since rebuild!

The car has had a new alternator put in, a newer starter, new fuel pump, right before we bought it. It also has a BRAND NEW turbo with stainless steel lines from FWD performance installed when the motor work was done. The car has newer struts and shocks on it as well. It has 1 summer old Falken 225/50/16 ZR tires on it as well. We also installed a strut tower brace. The car has had a Talon BOV installed and a manual boost controller. The boost is set at 14.5 psi. This car pulls SUPER HARD and spools up explosively. It also has a K&N cone intake filter as well as a 2.5 inch exhaust from where the cat is supposed to be back with a Dynomax 3" Ultraflow muffler (the one Gus tested that has 0 backpressure). The car is not very loud either, it sounds really nice. For NY state inspection we split a catalytic converter shield in half and then installed it on the straight pipe so it looks like a catalytic converter, so it would pass inspection and it did.

The interior is in VERY good condition. It has a pillar guage pod installed with an air fuel ratio gauge and another boost gauge so that you can monitor what is going on so the car doesn't melt down. The car still shows 3 green bars at 14.5 psi all day long. The rest of the interior is in SUPER shape. The seats are really nice. The carpeting is nice, but a bit faded in the front, but not bad at all. The car still has t-top straps in the back. The headliner is in good shape, a little faded also though. The door panels and plastics are really nice shape in this car. It also has a kenwood cd player installed. To my knowledge everything electronic in the car works.

The body on this car is in excellent shape. Of course it has a few dings and dents here and there but nothing major at all. It has never been in an accident at all. It could use a paint job, to make it REALLY nice, but it is a nice 10 foot car. Its got a few spots where the clear coat is faded or peeling, nothing major but we are just perfectionists so we notice this stuff. Also, some idiot who owned the car before us had a fart can tip on the car so they cut a clearance spot in the rear lower ground effect, as you can see in the pictures. Looks stupid, but, can easily be replaced, we just hadn't gotten around to it yet. The door hinges have been replaced, but the handle actuator rods need to be adjusted, the doors on this car DO NOT sag. Also new shifter cables were installed as well. Other than that the body is in just excellent condition, never had any rust on it, underneath or on top.

The only problem with the car right now is that the power steering rack is leaking, and we are going to fix that before the car is sold.

Overall, I am sure we are missing something else here and there that we have replaced, but the car needs nothing. It is just in nice shape. It is not like the Shelbys that you go look at that need all these stupid little things. Believe me I have looked at MANY of these cars and owned several, it is hard to find a car like this that is RUST FREE for one and that needs NOTHING, to be registered and driven. The car actually still has a valid NYS inspection, which if anyone has lived here knows it is about the second toughest state to pass a car in. I have driven this car myself and it runs superbly, it handles excellent, accelerates very quickly, and stops very well. I have had it up to 115 MPH for over 2 minutes and it ran excellent, no vibrations, etc, drove like it was at 60MPH, and was yearning for more, it easily could have done another 20-30 MPH more without breaking a sweat.

So here are some pics, and the asking price is $3100 reasonable offers welcome, I know anyone would be pleased with the car, ANY questions are welcomed. We have MANY more pics, will email, just ask my email is [email protected], we will also take any pics of any areas you want to see in more detail. Thanks. Serious inquiries please.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Domino81 I will find you on there and talk with you about the car, whats your email address so I can email you some more pics. Thanks for the comment on the car Mike Mullinix, you must have zoomed in on the HUGE pics I sent you!

·
Registered
807 Posts
I just want to say that this is an awesome deal on a sweet car. I'm so temped to fly out, drive it home, and store it for when my first son turns 16 in six years!

To all you people that say you are too far away...I did this exact thing a few years ago with a VNT ES Shadow. Negotiated a deal, flew out to New York, and drove it back to the Chicagland area. It was a blast. I had never been to New York, so that was nice. The trip home was very scenic. To top it off, I asked people on the SDML who lived along my route home, if I could get some phone numbers in case I had an emergency. There were numerous people (who I would like to sincerely thank again) that contacted me to say that they would be willing to help, if needed. It was a great comfort for me to know that if I had a problem, I had a place to turn.

Some of you guys need to get on the horn and get some airline ticket prices...I guarantee a fun experience driving a new car home!

Paul

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the insite Paul. My brother has decided that it is time to ebay the car, so soon its going to be listed on ebay, I will post the link in here when we get it on there. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
well if this guy follows through buying my car i might be very interested. I need something better on gas but still want it to be fun and fairly quick. I drive almost 200 miles a day and get about 23MPG in my 96 Z28. that is why I asked MPG....even bumping to 30 would save me a huge amount of money.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts