Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1990 Daytona Motor mount Part number NEEDED

773 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  frankherche 
#1 ·
Hey guys does any one know the part numbers for all or any motor mount(s) for a 1990 dodge daytona? Any one know where I can grab some new ones? Ive been looking at rock auto.

#5 ·
Take a picture of your right engine mount then look up on R/A or other sites on a laptop or desktop PC. R/A has pics. Compare. IIRC, the 2.2 uses the older style, while the 2.5 uses the newer style like picture above^^^. 1990 was a transition year for mounts. IIRC, around mid year change to the newer mount.
In my experience, the factory mounts are far superior than any of the cheap aftermarket mounts. How long do you expect a under $10 mount to last? The left side mount insert might be tough finding OEM. Many people use the aftermarket left mount and fill it with polyurethane to stiffen it up. Polybushings.com sells mounts made from poly., and left mounts made with poly reinforcement. They also sell a poly front mount. The rear manual tranny mount is a shock absorber. Polybushings has options for that too.

#6 ·
What engine?
If this is a turbo car and you want to upgrade considering that aftermarket mounts these days lack a bit in quality.

I went with All Poly on the Front mount and Poly Filled on the R/S mount.
Just be aware that poly mounts are stiffer and you may feel some engine vibration at idle

Also, if you are replacing the R/S mount be aware that this mount is used to align/center the engine and driveaxles.
If the mount is not broken and nothing has moved just lift the engine straight up and do not move it side to side and you will be fine.

If the mount is damaged and the engine has moved you may have to re-center the engine.
Text Font Document Paper
Text Font Parallel Document
Text Line Diagram Design Font

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.