Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am currently haveing a fuel problem and just replaced the pump and getting no suckson or noise from the fuel pump all the engine wants to do is keep cranking but wont fire

·
Administrator
25,546 Posts
Did you get the response I sent you to your "visitor message"?

BTW...Welcome To TD!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i dont know how to check public messages new to this and didnt use any hose in the tank i'm about to put up more pictures and vids if i can so some one can get a better idea whats wrong cause i neeed to fix this asap and havent even heard it start yet

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
is there a hose coming from your fuel pump that goes into the fuel?

·
Administrator
25,546 Posts
In your message you said the tank strap studs were broken.
Is the tank back in the car?
You also mentioned that you connected a scan tool and it would not communicate?
Is that correct?
Is this a 2.5L T-1 or 2.2L T-4?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a in tank fuel pump so theres no hose needed and no im about to re install it today and get some gas in there to see what i can get out of it

·
Premium Member
4,343 Posts
Welcome to Turbododge.com. There are proper ways to test the fuel pump ,but I have a harness that I cut off a Junker an I just hot wire the pump to a bttery or charger to see (hear) if if runs. If it's okay you'll have other things to check. NAJ will help you through that,take his advice and you'll be going soon!

·
Administrator
25,546 Posts
Let us know when the tank is back in the car and if the car starts or not.
If this is still a no start post back and be sure the battery is fully charged.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i just figured out the fuel problem. it was a fuse wire that runs to the pump that was junk so now i'm getting power to it but cant do anything till tomorrow .and i hope that's the only problem i have. i'm planning on getting the fuel tank fully mounted and try to crank it over tomorrow.
thanks for all the help and ill let you know how it goes tomorrow night

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
alright i got every thing in and working fuel tank up with new fuel pump and fuel filter all the lines are good but it still wont fire im getting spark and fuel to the fuel rails but i dont know if it is my injecters if they are clogged or garbage or is it something im over looking
and is it possibly to put srt4 injectors on a stock 2.2 turbo engine

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
alright i got every thing in and working fuel tank up with new fuel pump and fuel filter all the lines are good but it still wont fire im getting spark and fuel to the fuel rails but i dont know if it is my injecters if they are clogged or garbage or is it something im over looking
and is it possibly to put srt4 injectors on a stock 2.2 turbo engine
From my understanding, no

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
testing it out with 87
and no smell but pushed the fuel rail valve and gas shot out so we know we got gas there

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
testing it with 87
and no smell but pushed the valve on the fuel rail and fuel shot out so i know i got fuel there im just stuck again

·
Administrator
25,546 Posts
First things first...
Verify spark by removing the coil wire from the distributor cap and holding 1/4" from a good ground.
Crank the engine for 10 seconds.
Spark should be strong and consistant, count 1-2 sparks as no spark.
Is spark present?
No...Post back
Yes...
Check for fault codes.
Are codes present?
No...
Post back.
Yes...
Record and clear codes.
Crank engine for 10 seconds and recheck codes.
Which code(s) returned?
Post back.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ya there's spark and when we hooked the diagnostic up to it yesterday it came up every thing fine so today were going to hook it up and crank it over to see if it shows anything different
i think its the injectors gumming up from sitting for 5 years when the fuse able link went out on him

1 - 20 of 39 Posts