Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1990 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z with the 2.2 turbo engine and automatic trans anything i can do to make it faster?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i just bought the car for 600$ only thing ive done so far was make it a little more bearable in appeareance with a black hood the pics on my profile thing, i was wondering why when im driving it it doesnt seem like it wants to hit boost but when its parked and im revving the engine to check it it hits boost everytime it gets to around 5500rpm

D

·
0 Posts
could be a map sensor,you can check the codes by turning the key to the on position 3 times in a row,then count the times the check engine light blinks,it will show 2 digit codes

·
Administrator
24,135 Posts
i have a 1990 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z with the 2.2 turbo engine and automatic trans anything i can do to make it faster?
Welcome to TD!!!
Are you sure this is a 2.2L?
As far as I know and correct me if I am wrong....
The only 2.2L turbo in 1990 was the VNT and as far as I know was only available with the A568 5 speed.
Sure it is not a 2.5L T-1?
What is the 8th digit of the VIN?

D

·
0 Posts
i wondered that myself,allpar says there is a 2.2 in 90 besides the VNT but i thought that was a typo

·
Administrator
24,135 Posts
I have the 1990 Daytona New Car Brochure so I will check and see what the available engines and trans combo's were.
I thought the engines were 2.5L TBI, 2.5L T-1, 2.2L VNT and 3.0L V6.
I am curious to see what the 8th digit of the VIN on his car is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok well im very unfamiliar with this car and honestly i dont know where the vin is but i have a clean title in my name already, its a 2.5l Turbo engine and an automatic trans im pretty sure its not a vnt but then again i could be wrong but i think its just the shelby Z

·
Registered
681 Posts
ok well im very unfamiliar with this car and honestly i dont know where the vin is but i have a clean title in my name already, its a 2.5l Turbo engine and an automatic trans im pretty sure its not a vnt but then again i could be wrong but i think its just the shelby Z
1990 automatics are all 2.5 T1 high torque, common block "Daytona Shelby" models. No 'Z' moniker - that was dropped after the '88 model year. All of the VNT cars had manual transmissions.

For that money, you got yourself a good deal. Have fun with it and welcome to the board!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts