Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1990 Dodge Daytona Turbo 2.2 VNT for Sale

14K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  itzmepete 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm the original owner of this black exterior silver interior 1990 Dodge Daytona 2.2 Shelby Turbo VNT. One of 536 made I purchased this car NEW in February 1990. It was storage for 9 years! When I pulled it out, 4 years ago, I replace the radiator not that the old one was bad but I replaced it with a new one all the hoses were replaced every single hose water line hose except the turbos was replaced the cylinder head was replaced at 85000 miles before I put it in storage. The AC bracket and water pump housing looked dingy from 8 or 9 years sitting so I had them powder coated in an aluminum color and looks better than brand new. The AC doesn't work but it comes with two NOS compressors with clutch assemblies, New Old Stock OEM a/c units and six cans of freon R12. The timing belt had just been replaced when I got it out of storage and again just 6 months ago! I also replaced the water pump, heater water valve, like I said all the hoses completely done right after storage. I've had it for 30 years and now I'm 55 years old and the Turbo I believe just went out. Included with the car is brand new, NOS New Old Stock VNT turbo. There's more to the story so if you think you're interested I'm trying to get at least $6k for it or better. Oh yes the brakes have been replaced with new carbon brakes drilled and slotted rotors in the last three thousand miles. The clutch was replaced 10000 miles ago after I got it out of storage. It failed not because it was worn but one of the springs broke! The car has roughly 125k Miles. The rims were also replaced before I put it in storage with a new NOS set that I found about 18 years ago on eBay. I had the inside clear coated so it cleans easy. So the clear coat and finish on the 16 in pumper rims are flawless. Like I said I'm the original owner there's a lot more details, the paint is a good 7 out of 10 with the roof faded clear coat but that could be repainted by itself, the hood still looks good with only the VNT intercooler stickers fading. There's also rear metal louvers on the hatch. If you are interested PM me or text me at 843-455-5169. I quickly shut it off when the turbo or the turbo oil line failed. The moment I heard the chime, I saw the check engine light flicker, scanned my gauges, oil pressure was good but after a few seconds fluctuated, and oil pressure dropping I shut it off. I towed the car home. I did add oil, started right up but pumped it right out backside of engine, oil supply line. The only 2 lines I never replaced, turbo oil supply and water feed! Turbo may be good but I'll include a NOS unit. It's not a lot of work, it's lift up the car drop the A-Arms unbolt the rack and pinion which I also have replaced when I did the transmission clutch! Drop the K frame and replace the turbo. PM me or text me for pictures. I am the original owner again! I hate to sell it but I'm really needing a truck and I need this car to go to someone who's going to give it the attention it needs. Almost forgot, factory joystick radio with cassette fully working tired into a mini 4 channel hidden alpine amp, all 4 speakers recently replaced with high end new units. Clifford key fob remote with engine kill. Can add option to open close windows but I never did. Last, this came with the factory overhead console with compass, reading lights, eye glass and garage door remote storage. Power everything including drivers seat. Call for details, I'm looking to get $5500 Price Drop $3800.

Still got sale, September 14, 2021!

Price Drop $3800

See less See more
#6 ·
I've got new OEM water and oil lines, turbo, gaskets, studs, boots, new high temp nylon tubing to redo the vacuum hoses. Then going to use a heat wrap to cover the lines, and cover in high temp nylon 300f split loom so I won't have to deal with them again and keep it own look.
Also have a new under hood insulation blanket that im going to install although mine still looks good it has a small rub spot.

The only thing I'm missing is the rubber air filter to turbo connector. I'm looking for one or will make one if I have to. I still may sell her.

I put a new head in 20k mikes ago along with, new water pump, new water outlet, all new water lines, heater, heat valve, timing belt, alternator bushings, power coated the ac bracket and water pump housing, new radiator, radiator fan, 4 wheel drilled slotted brakes, new master cylinder, all new windshield wiper bushings.

I pretty much went thru it 4 years ago except the turbo and it's lines and ac compressor. Now I'll do all those now and do it right so hopefully it's good for the next 15 years or more as I rarely drive her hard.

I may still sell it, but I figured id get her perfect so as to not try and get low balled. I'm starting the work in about a week.

#7 ·
Nice. Sounds like it’s getting done right. I started out with a CSX-T, then went to an ‘87 GLHS. I sold that to a guy in St. Louis about 10 years ago. My current baby is a 2004 Cobra, but I have wanted to get a nice Daytona for a long time now. I have always loved the looks of them, and turbo dodges are just plain fun to drive. Please keep me in mind if you do decide to part with it.

#12 ·
I will buy the car as is, you don't have to do a thing to it, I will do the work, just give me the parts you have in the listing. I have always kicked my self for not buying the car brand new, I can still remember the day I was looking at one brand new on the lot. I have always loved those cars, a definite refinement from the glhs, to that VNT and the getrag Transmission. I will give you 6,250 for the car, it looks awesome!!!!! I live in Michigan and will have it shipped, look forward to hearing from you, I know I would never find one that clean.

#15 ·
Critics can always be harsh. The facts are I've been an aircraft mechanic for 35 years and I've always taken good care of this car. It's probably sat more in storage and more during the week then I've driven it! She's dirty now because she's been sitting 8 months but she cleans up real good and yes the interior still looks the same with the original Shelby floor mats which I've always had plastic on top of it! It's not a perfect 10 car but I'm depressed to find something original as good-looking in the condition mines in for 32 years old! For those inquiring yes it's still for sale. I've just grown older and I don't have the time needed to put into her or the place is I don't have a garage anymore.

#28 ·
No, I've been away contracting in Ga and now in Charleston SC. Heading to Texas on the 11th next month. Once I get time to replace the turbo and cat, I won't sell her and if I do not at this asking price. They only made 536 1990 Dodge Daytona VNT turbo intercooled. Select 5 speed and black, the numbers go down. I AM the original owner.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.